Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 4 "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-4-basket-flowers-bettys-delight-photo-page-t176861.html)

ArteEmCasa 01-27-2012 03:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two, for this week:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]306722[/ATTACH]
Basket of Flowers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]306723[/ATTACH]
Betty's Delight

JeanieG 01-27-2012 03:54 PM

Ohhh how pretty Arte! Love that lavender!

QuiltE 01-27-2012 04:06 PM

QNSue ... you can't be as far behind as OKSGlad and I! :)

JeanieG ... I must paraphrase your line ... To many I have a boring life, but they don't realize I am never bored! :)

GGal ... there's nothing wrong with those scrappy blocks! Love the double weave, in the background and on the basket! :) Well done for those stripes for Betty!

Anael ... Glad to help, though I'm not really doing anything. The rest of you are doing the work! :)

dublb 01-27-2012 07:21 PM

Hey Ya'll - I'm so excited seeing all of ya'll's blocks! Those points are awesome!
Mirabelle - Congrats on 34 yrs! :thumbup: I'm 5 yrs behind ya.
Jeanie - Love that bright green! At first I didn't notice the green in the leaves matched the background!
The blues & cream are perfect together.
Gardenergal - Wow! Your color combos are so different, yet are perfect together.
ArtEmCasa - Lovely flowers & such a nice basket.
Again, Everybody's points are great!

QuiltE - I played with the patriotic fabric & it wouldn't make a very good basket. Then the background ????? Should it be the blue with the stars or the cream? What should I use for the flowers??? The bells. No too they're too big. One of the creams? No, they didn't look right. The flags? No too big again. I threw my hands up & made the Liberty Bell. :)

QuiltE 01-27-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4917630)
Hey Ya'll -
QuiltE - I played with the patriotic fabric & it wouldn't make a very good basket. Then the background ????? Should it be the blue with the stars or the cream? What should I use for the flowers??? The bells. No too they're too big. One of the creams? No, they didn't look right. The flags? No too big again. I threw my hands up & made the Liberty Bell. :)

I hear ya! Though sometimes we try to make it to much the likeness of the original pattern block. Sometimes, just stretch out a little. I know the larger prints would be too large ... though your smaller ones mixed together would probably do the trick for you! Or perhaps look for some more blenders that will mix and match just right when the spaces are just too small for what you have?

Just remember ... it's your quilt! We each need to give ourselves the permission to go off trail to create our own unique results. Good for you for letting your creativity roll on your Liberty block!

oksewglad 01-27-2012 09:13 PM

Gardnergal and ArteEmCasa baskets are great, fussy cutting flowers so precise! You know that Betty block is so symmetrical and everyone's doing such a good job of contrasting the fabrics.

dublb 01-27-2012 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4917666)
I hear ya! Though sometimes we try to make it to much the likeness of the original pattern block. Sometimes, just stretch out a little. I know the larger prints would be too large ... though your smaller ones mixed together would probably do the trick for you! Or perhaps look for some more blenders that will mix and match just right when the spaces are just too small for what you have?

Just remember ... it's your quilt! We each need to give ourselves the permission to go off trail to create our own unique results. Good for you for letting your creativity roll on your Liberty block!

Thanks -I realize I should have waited to pick out my fabric till after I had seen the blocks. I do like this lovely fabric. I'm just realizing that several of the blocks aren't right for the fabric. I do think that most will be great & then I'll make several substitutes. :)

JeanieG 01-27-2012 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4917901)
Thanks -I realize I should have waited to pick out my fabric till after I had seen the blocks. I do like this lovely fabric. I'm just realizing that several of the blocks aren't right for the fabric. I do think that most will be great & then I'll make several substitutes. :)

Your doing a wonderful job so far dublb! Like QuiltE said, it is your quilt! No one but you will know that you changed a few blocks! You go girl!

dublb 01-28-2012 04:11 PM

Thanks Ya'll!!

Cookie LM 01-28-2012 05:50 PM

My blocks for this week

2 Attachment(s)
I am late this week was baby sitting my great grand baby Love everyones blocks they are beautiful