Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-10-country-lanes-cowboys-star-photo-page-t181898.html)

Honchey 03-06-2012 07:42 PM

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first block for this week...not too thrilled with it but it is what it is...it is done.

JeanieG 03-06-2012 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing wrong with that Anne - looks great to me!Here are my blocks for this week. I know that Country Star is Wonky, and I also made all four colors match on purpose!

QuiltE 03-06-2012 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Honchey ... ITA with JeanieG, nothing wrong with that block. In fact, I think it's really neat!

JeanieG ... Great colours and contrasts.

Like JeanieG, I matched all four points of the Cowboy's Star and included some "bling". Also, I rearranged the fabric placements in the Country Lanes. I guess, I wanted more order! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317919[/ATTACH]

dublb 03-06-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5037768)
Here is my first block for this week...not too thrilled with it but it is what it is...it is done.

Oh, so country! Rt 66, The perfect picture of the open road!

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5037841)
Nothing wrong with that Anne - looks great to me!Here are my blocks for this week. I know that Country Star is Wonky, and I also made all four colors match on purpose!

Great blocks! Pretty colors! I like the corners matching!

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5037927)
Honchey ... ITA with JeanieG, nothing wrong with that block. In fact, I think it's really neat!

JeanieG ... Great colours and contrasts.

Like JeanieG, I matched all four points of the Cowboy's Star and included some "bling". Also, I rearranged the fabric placements in the Country Lanes. I guess, I wanted more order! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317919[/ATTACH]

I see that bling! Awesome, colors! I do like the order!

QuiltE 03-06-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5037944)
I see that bling! Awesome, colors! I do like the order!

It's a neat fabric ... the bling is like rainbow metallic pieces, more so than sparkles. I used it in another quilt a couple years ago, a little in the quilt top, then the borders and all of the backing!

Anael 03-06-2012 11:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think your road fabric is great Honchey!
QuiltE and Jeanie, beautiful blocks! I matched the points of the star too :D Here are my blocks.

mirabelle 03-07-2012 03:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks as usual, love your fussy cutting Anne, it looks great.
Here are mine for this week. I'm not happy with the centre of Cowboys Star but I am not unpicking it. It is as close as I am going to get it.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-07-2012 04:51 AM

Wonderful blocks!! Way to go everyone. Love them all.

gardnergal970 03-07-2012 05:26 AM

Wow. Everyone's stars are awesome!..and I do like the more ordered squares on the second block. Makes me want to get at mine but that will be my reward for getting the design wall cleared...hopefully today if my DH doesn't decided that today is the day to do taxes.

janRN 03-07-2012 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great blocks, ladies.
Anne-your block reminds me that it's time for a FART!!
Jeanie-I have the same problem with CS-hope it quilts flat; love the colors you used.
QE-oh no! Great minds think alike. I had to have Country Lanes "flow" like roads and also have bling in CB. Love them.
Anael-your blocks are so soft & romantic--very pretty.
Mirabelle-love the roses and the darker red you used in CS.

Here are mine (I hope this works; I've been getting an Error Message when I try to post)