Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-11-cats-paw-confederate-rose-photo-page-t182733.html)

carriem 10-06-2012 05:48 AM

Thanks. :) This is one I really like.

I originally cut a rust/orange color fabric for where the purple is. It was a shade I just didn't like when I laid my blocks out all together...I had used it in one other block and it jumped out to me in a bad way (that one won't be in my finished quilt). Anyways since I had already cut fabrics for the remaining blocks I am making I had to re-cut. I might find that fabric in one of my other envelopes too...

QuiltE 10-06-2012 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5565679)
Thanks. :) This is one I really like.

I originally cut a rust/orange color fabric for where the purple is. It was a shade I just didn't like when I laid my blocks out all together...I had used it in one other block and it jumped out to me in a bad way (that one won't be in my finished quilt). Anyways since I had already cut fabrics for the remaining blocks I am making I had to re-cut. I might find that fabric in one of my other envelopes too...

CarrieM ... don't turn away from the one you don't like, yet! I had a couple like that in the FWS that I thought would just jump out and grab everyone. I waited til I was placing all the blocks, and still included them as with the others surrounding and choices as to what was next/near it, it made such a difference than when it was by itself. And guess what? ... once it was all quilted, I hardly see them!! What was this fear about that they'd jump out and grab everyone? Silly me!

dublb 10-06-2012 05:31 PM

This block is bright & just beautiful.:thumbup:

oksewglad 10-07-2012 07:54 AM

At any rate, Carrie, it is indeed a lovely block. :thumbup: I really like the purple sawteeth around the edges. The block that shouts at you just may be the block that gives the pizazz the total quilt needs.

works4me 05-17-2014 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great blocks as usual. I especially love all the fussy cut kitties. Wonder why.
Here is my Cat's Paw. No kitties. Pumpkins instead.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475903[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 05-17-2014 07:18 PM

Nice FC's on the squares! I like the way you have found these blocks to showcase the fabrics.

dublb 05-17-2014 08:01 PM

Oh! I just love your Cat's Paw! I wish we were gonna plant pumpkins in the garden this year.

Anael 05-17-2014 09:44 PM

Again great FC's and a great block! ! ! I planted pumpkins for the very first time, will be a long wait :)

carriem 05-18-2014 04:54 AM

w4m--another great block!

works4me 05-18-2014 06:02 AM

oksewglad - thanks. I'm having fun finding blocks so I can fussy cut.
dublb - thanks. I was hoping to plant pumpkins this year but the yard is in a state of flux and the spot I had chosen has disappeared.
Anael - thanks. It's a long wait but so great to see a pumpkin form and then turn orange on the vine.
carriem - thanks. I'm hoping for two more blocks this weekend, including one with some brightly coloured skulls. :) I'm going to work on that one now.