Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 17 Everyone's Favorite & Fishing Boat Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-17-everyones-favorite-fishing-boat-photo-page-t187830.html)

QuiltE 05-02-2012 08:14 AM

JanRN ... oh those coffee shop people are just all too jealous!

Patches ... don't eat too many of them. It's not good for your tummy and you do have to be able to run and jump after those balls and frisbies!! :)

QNSue ... Eagle Eyed you are! That block's all about youuuuu, all 3 fabrics, plus of course, for my anchor yellow. Yes those star/snowflakes were tricky devils to FC/PP!!! :)

gardnergal970 05-02-2012 08:41 AM

Wendig...so peacefully sailing under the puffy white clouds. Both block very good

JanieW...I would never have seen the polka dots. Great recovery...not a mistake.

QuiltE...watch out below...and they talk about raining cats and dogs. At least they are cushioned by fur. Be sure and wear your hard hat! Your other block is so precise. Love the snowflake fussy cutting.

JanRN...can't wait to see what you have for us. Does your Mom quilt too?

janRN 05-02-2012 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made the sail boat but decided to substitute a block with some ponies (thank you, Anne). I'm not sure what I was thinking (or drinking) when I did Everyone's Favorite but I sure mixed up the color placement. Let's call it Artistic License (not oops!)

QuiltE 05-02-2012 02:05 PM

JanRN ... both are great blocks and perfectly done! What a pretty floral print and we can continue to see it making appearances in future blocks too. Your EvFav is definitely a favourite for me, as it looks like a cousin to MiraB's fabrics!

Termi 05-02-2012 04:06 PM

QuiltE, oh what fun in your boat block, just beautiful! The cloud fabric looks very familiar. Great contrast in EF and beautiful fabrics. Great job on both!

JanRN, your EF is just beautiful. I think it looks great! Love your pony block too, nice job on both!

oksewglad 05-02-2012 04:14 PM

Okay you have me wanting to get to the sewing machine and finish my EvF block.
mbelle-that soft green is showing up again and another delightful FC rose.
Ggal-great FC in EvF. Doesn't look like the same fabric as the corner triangles. Swirls in the boat, a batik, perhaps?
Wendi-gradation of blues in boat block spot on. FC cowboy, is he looking over the fresh spring range? That's what your block said to me.
Janie-SSHHHH. We won't tell that you misfigured. Your fabric arrangement artfully puts the spotlight on the apples in the center. Great use of clouds.
OK QE, chuckling over it's raining cat (treats) and dog (biscuits)!! Every trail hand needs a pair of leather gloves and yes QNS, I recognized the fabrics as yours, too.
Jan, wonderful artistic license as it takes a new spin on the EvF block. The Double 4P showcases your FC ponies so well.
Thanks for the show so far, folks!

oksewglad 05-02-2012 09:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As the day approaches it's close, here are my two. New printer, new scanner and think the colors are more real than others. I'm going to have to watch dublb--she may snatch this one!! Anyone recognize the center? Oh and what a dull sailboat!!! Careful or this one will get bogged down in "muddy" waters.:D[ATTACH=CONFIG]332498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]332499[/ATTACH]

gardnergal970 05-03-2012 04:23 AM

JanRN...quiltere don't make mistakes. It's an unconscious decision to change the pattern. EF turned out lovely and the 4P really shows off the horses. Nice work.

Oksewglad...muddy waters...hee, hee, doen't look like your little boats is slowing down for it. Your EF is very nice. Really shows off the eagle!

janRN 05-03-2012 04:35 AM

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my blocks. Ggal, no one in my family quilted although my mother and aunt taught me to sew; made all my clothes in high school.
OKSew, love the fussy cutting in EF and just call your sailboat a little storm at sea--beautiful work in both.

Dae Kuczma 05-03-2012 07:07 AM

I've never tried the sail boat pattern. My mother-in-law made one for our first born son and he STILL cherishes the quilt. In fact, he has passed it down to his son of two years old! I love making quilts for my family.....in hopes they too will be passed on to the next generation. Life is good!