Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-22-handy-andy-hen-her-chicks-photo-page-t190902.html)

Honchey 06-05-2012 01:53 PM

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Photo Page

Time for all the sweet stuff ladies !!! I found some Chicken fabric that has little chicks and the Mama too! All cut out ready to go. Fussy cutting is a pain but I think they are too cute not to do it any other way. H

QuiltingNinaSue 06-05-2012 03:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My Handy Andy changed a bit; it started with a center that had me remembering the old song, "Pistol packing Mama, lay your pistol down", then went to the dogs...man's best friend: [ATTACH=CONFIG]340124[/ATTACH]The Duke is at the head of the table, Deputy Dawg against the wall where he can see who enters the 'Spur Bar', Smiley is the one looking in the mirror, so he can see an image of himself, making others think there are two of them...twins. You can name the other characters as you wish.

Now Hen and chicks were a bit easier to do; had fun with this one:[ATTACH=CONFIG]340125[/ATTACH]Of course its hard to keep a chicken in its pen...and they need the chicken wire around them, so I added the solid border around to keep the chickens safe. Our 'chicks' are growing so fast...the dark cornish chicks have a 'hawk' beak and feet like a sparrow that grasps the wire outside and hangs on to it much like a bird would...two escaped the pen and did a demo...showing me what they could do. I did get them back in with the others.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-05-2012 03:52 PM

Camera angled the picture, the blocks are square. Need to work on that camera angle and holding it steady...hard for me to line up the picture square with one eye...

JeanieG 06-05-2012 05:51 PM

Oh QNS those are just darling. Love the cow-dogs! :D The hen and her chicks is great too!

I've got Hen and her Chicks done, will finish up Handy Andy tonight!

Termi 06-05-2012 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I love those deputy dogs QuiltingNinaSue! Beautiful block! Yes, those chickies will escape without chicken wire.
Very cute fabric and nice job on both!

I actually have mine done on time this week.

oksewglad 06-05-2012 09:55 PM

QNS, love your clever renditions!
And Termi yours are just as cute as bugs in a rug!

janRN 06-06-2012 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
QNS, I can't believe how perfectly you fussy cut those cute dogs! I love the chicken coop-great blocks.
Termi, your blocks are too too cute-great job on all those points, too.

Here are my FOWL blocks (get it LOL??)[ATTACH=CONFIG]340207[/ATTACH]

Termi 06-06-2012 07:08 AM

Oh JanRN, great looking blocks, I love your 'fowl'!!

grannyQ 06-06-2012 08:03 AM

Great blocks today, QNS, love the dogs and the chickens; Termi, love the cows and horses, these would make a cute quilt for a little boy, Jan, love the colors on your chicken material.

Here are mine for this week.

grannyQ 06-06-2012 08:08 AM

Doesn't seem to want to work now, will try again.