Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-24-indian-horseback-jewel-discussion-page-t192240.html)

Honchey 06-19-2012 05:47 PM

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page

Week 24!!!! We're past the halfway mark!!! not me tho..but that's ok RIGHT!!! right. I'm working on Jewel right now..might get it done tonite...I'm not too keen on the Indian on horse back...I don't like it for some reason... may H.be I will?

carriem 06-19-2012 06:02 PM

No new blocks for me this week. Crystal and I are going to work on getting papers and fabrics cut so the next time we get together we can just sew! Can't wait to see everyone elses blocks. :)

carrie

QuiltingNinaSue 06-19-2012 06:17 PM

No candy to see???? I have been working on other projects that have gotten behind on, and hoped to see what everyone did with this week's blocks. I think I might sub.the Indian Hatchet for Indian and horse.

dublb 06-19-2012 06:33 PM

I don't think I'll be sewin' this week at all. Well maybe on Fri. We've got ta go & close on the house in Brady tamorra' & will stay overnight. DH & DS have ta be back here on Fri. Then if the exterminator says that it is ok we'll be takin' some furniture on Sat.
Whoo, I need a break from just thinkin' about it. Who's got the marshmallows???

QuiltE 06-19-2012 07:37 PM

I'm hoping to get back in the saddle soon .... got my FWS hanging sleeve installed, and was so into it that I finally put one onto my Shabby Chique OBW. So tonight I started cutting out the infamous Monty the Mountie for the International Patriotic Challenge! I need it to be done or well on the way, before I can return to PC sewing. So sad as I so didn't want to fall behind. :(

dublb 06-19-2012 08:45 PM

I'm way behind too. :(

mirabelle 06-20-2012 02:36 AM

I thought I might not make it this week also but my wonderful old Janome just purred along after I gave it a good clean and an oil.
Honchey I didn't do the Indian on Horseback block, it just seemed an odd block to me and also my fabric would not have suited. Hope you like the block I chose....

gardnergal970 06-20-2012 04:20 AM

I didn't get this weeks done or last weeks even posted...they are done. It looks like all of us are busier than a cat on a hot tin roof! Maybe I'll have time to post pics this afternoon. I've had 2 days of quilt classes and have to focus on getting ready to fly out to my DGD's wedding this Friday. Speaking of hot, how has the weather been treating you all? We got over 2 inches of rain last Saturday which was a real relief and now it's been in the 90's every day since. Still cools down reasonably well at night so we haven't put in the window AC. DH likes to go as long as possible without it and he has a system with the fans that works well for out little house, at least for a time.

Dubib...congratulations on the closing. Sounds like you guys will be keeping the road busy between Midland and Brady!

Mirabelle...how is the moving going on in your part of the world? Is your DS the last one living at home?

janRN 06-20-2012 04:22 AM

I did the Indian block but not too fond of it; it also is facing the wrong way ("Go west, young man!") I also didn't paper piece Jewel and it's the wonkiest block I've made. Will try to post later.
After falling on May 26 and all x-rays negative, they repeated my mother's x-rays on Monday and she has 3 broken bones in her foot and a small fracture in her ankle. Now I feel guilty for pushing her at Physical Therapy. So, we start over!

Termi 06-20-2012 06:48 AM

JanRN, that's funny, (go west, young man). I'm not fond of my indian block either, it's very strange looking. Sorry about your Mom. Don't feel guilty, you didn't know. Haven't started Jewel yet. It's going to be so hot today, with high humidity. Will not be a happy camper.

QuiltE, I'm looking forward to seeing your Monty the Mountie.