Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 28 Miller's Daughter & Mountain Maze Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-28-millers-daughter-mountain-maze-discussion-page-t194964.html)

gardnergal970 07-19-2012 04:30 AM

OkSewglad...it's so neat when little girls like to spend time learning Grandma's crafts! It's nice they are just down the road! Speaking of road, the mailman brought me some beautiful fabric yesterday. Look for it in my next blocks which will be next week. I've committed myself to quilting this week. I want to gain more skill so I can actually do a quilt from start to finish! So glad for your rain. We got some too this past few days and it's overcast this morning so it's not drying out too fast.

Welcome HilaryK8....I wasn't in the FWS group but they have welcomed me with open arms on this pony ride. They are a wonderful bunch if ladies!

JeanieG 07-19-2012 08:36 AM

Oksewglad - your DGD is such a cutie! It looks like she is really enjoying her time with you, and her sewing is something she will use for a lifetime.

Hilary - welcome to our group! We have loads of fun!

oksewglad 07-19-2012 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GGal--hmm, anxious to see what "new" fabrics show up in your blocks!
Yes Jeanie she is having a great time. Both she and Ellie played in my EQ program today. They like to take some of my quilt ideas and "color" them with their fabric choices. Kids are never too young to learn.
Em has completed her next project. A hair scrunchie. She wants to wear it the first day of school. Next week's assignment is a little pocket purse.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350143[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 07-19-2012 01:02 PM

Oh my, that turned out just darling!

QuiltingNinaSue 07-19-2012 01:17 PM

Love that purple color!! Good job!

carriem 07-19-2012 02:47 PM

Fun projects :) I will have to tell my friend about that book...she will be moving near her granddaughter in the next month and was trying to figure out what/how to teach her.

carrie

dublb 07-19-2012 02:54 PM

OK those are darlin'! Great job, workin' w/your DGD's.:thumbup:

dublb 07-19-2012 03:05 PM

HilaryK8 If ya want to do the Pony Club w/us we will welcome ya w/open arms. I did not do the FWS & these ladies have made me feel right at home. Ya can start here & make this weeks blocks & catch up later. I'm so far behind, & I'm not alone, so you will have a lot o' company. :) My blocks are bein' done w/a patriotic theme. Make it how ever ya want. Even if ya just want ta make the FWS we'd be glad for ya ta join us here with our chatter 'cause we like ta talk a lot!:D

gardnergal970 07-19-2012 03:12 PM

Hey this is changing the subject but QuiltE was looking for quilt blocks that were named for countries and I happened upon this book while I was looking at quilt books in Amazon...
Mariner's Compass Stars: 24 Stellar Paper-Pieced Blocks & 9 Easy Quilt Projects [Paperback].
It doesn't say what the countries are but maybe you can run across the book IRL and check it out. It's by Carol Doke. I saw a quilt done from her 50 Star book and it was simply gorgeous.

dublb 07-19-2012 03:40 PM

Oops double post!