Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 29 Minnesota & Maud's Album Quilt Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-29-minnesota-mauds-album-quilt-photo-page-t195663.html)

dublb 04-27-2014 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6693779)
Don't think it didn't cross my mind QuiltE. But, I am talking the resist stage so I would end up with glue in places I don't want glue. I wonder if Dainty would stand for some eco-friendly dye on her paws? I know Samantha sure wouldn't.

I can't imagine white carpet in a house. At least not MY house. We had off-white when we moved inn here. Brand new off-white carpet that the previous owner steam cleaned the morning we were moving in. Within a year we had converted to hardwood. Our house is lived in and I'd much rather quilt or cross stitch than clean. :)

Yes I hate this carpit! It was here when we moved in here last July. It is already so very stained! I want wood laminate but DH is startin' ta talk about puttin' more carpet down again. He sits on the floor so he wants it soft.

JeanieG 04-27-2014 05:54 PM

Dublb - my youngest brother has always loved to lay on the floor. He used to play with his kids, laying on the floor. They use to draw on a white board, play blocks, color, play games - always on the floor. Needless to say he would always have a carpet too. His kids are now in their 30's. When they bring their dogs to visit, he is down on the floor rough housing with them!

works4me 04-27-2014 07:13 PM

As kids, we lay on a nice thick blanket in front of the TV. I hear laminate is a lot hardier than hardwood but, I grew up with 1950's hardwood floors so I am a hardwood snob. :) And it is so much fun to watch the kitties try to turn or stop on the shiny floors. :D

Carpet, the right colour, can work quite well.

QuiltE 04-28-2014 11:51 AM

Anael ... I imagine PP was saying to you "not in your life .... unless you want me to become a true KK!"

W4Me ... yup, just what I was thinking ... let them stomp around on it!
Only one problem ... the next thing would be that they'd probably lay down!
(talk about the smooshy effect!!!!! :D:D:D:D)

Anael 04-28-2014 01:06 PM

My KK/PP has white feet as you might know. One morning I came into the living room and there she was, orange feet!! The night before I had curry for dinner and she thought she might like that too so she had walked around in the frying pan.

QuiltE 04-28-2014 01:07 PM

OOPS!!!!!! ......... how did she like the spice?

works4me 11-23-2014 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Minnesota is complete as of last night. That's block number 27 for me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499972[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 11-23-2014 06:45 AM

Another great block, works4me. Lovely. Looking forward to a group shot soon.

works4me 11-23-2014 07:02 AM

Thank you very much. I was thinking it was time for a group shot as well. :)

dublb 11-23-2014 11:04 AM

Oh I love it! Again I am amazed at how the sage picks up the colors o' the other fabrics! It's a true chameleon