Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 34 Old Indian Trail & Pansy Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-34-old-indian-trail-pansy-photo-page-t198948.html)

carriem 08-29-2012 03:26 AM

What a great variety of blocks (as usual)! :) Keep up the good work ladies.

mirabelle 08-29-2012 04:02 AM

Such beautiful blocks everyone, another week gone and we are getting closer to the finish line:thumbdown:

QuiltingNinaSue 08-29-2012 04:43 AM

Lovely 'eye' candy to see this morning. Honchey, I do look at the colors used in the book, then I go largely for unique one of a kind different block, often changing the dark to light or the reverse of that. When I create a quilt, I like to make it unique for the person it is gifted to...not factory made the same way each time that robots can do. Wonder how many are saying to themselves after reading the statement say, "Yep, we knew that about her!" For 46 years, I have been telling my dh, "Sorry, I am not programed to think or do things that way!!"

Dd of dh's aunt was complaining on "where was her quilt??" when I gifted the aunt and two sons...must think they grow on trees and I could not wait to give away $600 to $1000 worth of work in FIL's memory even though she had done nothing for him as far as I know. Think the aunt will give her quilt to the daughter, but that is out of my hands to control...I tried to explain, it was a memorial quilt, given to those who had given to FIL, and made for individual's taste,and that I did not know her well enough to know her bed size or colors she liked. Not to say I would not "gift" her later on after I finished for others on a list..

janRN 08-29-2012 05:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hard to believe we're at week 34. [ATTACH=CONFIG]358789[/ATTACH]

Honchey 08-29-2012 06:17 AM

Ummmm QNS...How do I get on your list?????

oksewglad 08-29-2012 06:48 AM

Anael, love the little print in your pansy--nice job too.
Jan, your OIT is very striking, but your pansy is down right gorgeous--the marbled fabric is just perfect for the outer petals.

Honchey 08-29-2012 07:14 AM

Jan, I love your blocks, The colors are so pretty and bright... I'm working on Pansy right now...well not right now but as soon as I get off the cp.. I have the rusty swirly fabric and hesitated on using it for any of the blocks. I'm heading to DE for a couple of days...I"ll be bringing my PC blocks with me...I have to find some sashing fabric..I tried to do it without the blocks and it didn't turn out too well...The green in OIT is a Moda line and comes in different colors..I have used the brown in several of the blocks...looks like paintbrush strokes to me...

carriem 08-29-2012 07:35 AM

Honchey--I recognize both fabrics from the Urban Couture Moda line...I used those for a jelly roll race quilt. Wanted to get more for curtains, but it was an older line than I realized and couldn't find the fabrics I wanted in yardage...oh well. :)

Jan--I like the swirl fabric you used. Both blocks turned out very nice.

Just have a lesson in language arts left and school will be done for the day...yay!!!

oksewglad 08-29-2012 08:08 AM

Has the teacher been sneaking away and playing a little hooky already so early in the school year?:D Bet the students love that!

carriem 08-29-2012 08:36 AM

I didn't go too far...they do LA on the main computer in the living room and I am on my laptop. :) Most days I try not to get on the computer while doing school, but there are parts they don't need my help so much any more so I do "sneak" on here. :)

All done now though so it is ok...lunch and then quilting!