Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 35 Patience Corners & Pleasant Paths Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-35-patience-corners-pleasant-paths-photo-page-t199587.html)

carriem 09-05-2012 04:36 AM

Jan--great job finishing 2 blocks this week. I almost thought your Christmas fabric from Rosie snuck in the frog block, but then looked closer and see it is leaves...very pretty.

Anael--way to jump into PC. Your corners look great and I like the little floral fabric.

Mirabelle--both blocks as they are in the book...wow! You always do such a nice job with fussy cutting your roses to make them fit just right.

No blocks for me this week. I *should* have blocks to share next week though!! :)

gardnergal970 09-05-2012 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360424[/ATTACH]JanR...the first frog! I love it. Also the other block. It reminds me of those fancy formal gardens with the prize in the center.
Anael...you did it and it turned out very good. Your colors works well to make the shadows.
Mirabelle..your wonderful roses translate well into any of the blocks. Beautiful frame for your roses in Pleasant Paths.
Here are mine for the week. I thought I swore off of y seams but Tumbling Blocks, another name for Patience Corner, has always been a favorite of mine so I did it and I'm glad I did. I love the way the colors play off of one another and give the sunshine and shadow affect.

Anael 09-05-2012 05:37 AM

I like your blocks better gg! The Patience block has the sunshine and shadow sides, lovely!

oksewglad 09-05-2012 06:20 AM

mirabelle, your FC is perfect. Love the telescoping effect the PC your block depicts.
GGal your simple use of fabrics with just value and no specific design creates beautiful blocks.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-05-2012 06:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, have pictures and think I am ready to post this morning:[ATTACH=CONFIG]360436[/ATTACH]Horses coming out of the barn and its shadows..quick close the gates.

Pleasant paths will not upload for unknown reasons. Let me resize it again...try, try again.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-05-2012 06:58 AM

It did load; Ok, but fuzzy. It says that a " house on the beach seems very close to Heaven" but is an ode to all our homes where our hearts are, in the mountains, on the plains, around the world (windmill) and ranch...a piece of Heaven on earth.

janRN 09-05-2012 07:47 AM

Ggal, great job on the y-seams. Your colors make Patience look 3-D. I actually made Patience (yes, I did those blasted y seams and it turned out perfect------exept I flipped 2 of the rectangles and I couldn't make myself do it again.) For Pleasant Path I did the center as a Snowball block so avoided the y seams in that one. You really got yours perfect.

QNS what fun blocks and stories you always have. I can't wait to see your quilt finished--it will be like reading a book just looking at it and remembering all the stories you've shared.

Honchey 09-05-2012 08:02 AM

Thank You, thank you Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting ready to sew and I'm changing the middle of Pleasant Paths to your technique...no Y seams..Yeah...There's always more than one way to oops...better not say it...too many cat lovers out there...you have made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QNS, what can I say???I love your blocks!!!!

GGal,,your sewing skills show in your blocks..really great...I've been working on a tumbling block quilt for a few years now using the English PPing...so I think in between all the projects I have going I will do Patience Corners that way...

DD, I think of you every time I want to sew a block by hand..

gardnergal970 09-06-2012 04:18 AM

QNSue..your blocks always tell such a neat story! I particularly like the way you've framed the horses with the blues in Patience Corner. Very nice.

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement. You are all very encouraging.

oksewglad 09-06-2012 07:33 AM

If I weren't already a PC rider I'd come along just to look at your blocks and hear your interpretations, QNS. You truly have a gift. Thank you.