Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 36 Pig's Tail & Ribbons Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-36-pigs-tail-ribbons-discussion-page-t200223.html)

carriem 09-12-2012 06:14 AM

Time to start school, but I wanted to post the link here for you QE since I notice you are still online: Post #1400 http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...71904-140.html

QuiltE 09-12-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5508800)
Time to start school, but I wanted to post the link here for you QE since I notice you are still online: Post #1400 http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...71904-140.html

Thanks CarrieM ... it's a beautiful quilt, love the colours!
Looks like your twist is that you added the fancy SqInSq block along with the D9P blocks?
Nice twist and adds a lot of interest to it.

Here's to a good school day for the kids ... and you too! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-12-2012 09:35 AM

QuiltE, I have enjoyed you back on the trail with us, even if it is just a note..or two. Cats seem to think sand is their litter boxes in made by Mother Nature...a lady I knew down South Texas found and made for her dd birthday "cat litter cake" made with tootsie rolls; some guest refused to eat it because it looked too real. Her dd was going to school to be a 'vet' of small animals. Too real for me to consider making it.

Yep, keep those prayers coming for df who talked to the doctor this morning and has shut down her phone without calling me...so she has to come to terms with what he said before she talks to anyone. Not good news for her to shut down.

Everyone enjoy your retreats for me too. Looking forward to hearing about them and seeing pictures of products from the retreats.

QuiltE 09-12-2012 11:07 AM

Thanks QNSue ... it's nice to be somewhat back, even if I havne't checked in on all the other PC threads. Perhaps tongiht?

OMG ... on the cat litter cake! Dirt Pudding is one thing, but this is going a step further! :)

So sorry about your friend and now the no-phone availability. Yes, she does need time to herself right now ... though perhaps a drop by, by you tonight, would be good medicine for her? Of course, not sure how far you are away and if that's do-able. She may think she wants to tough it out on her own ... though I bet you would be good company to help her come to terms and think it all thru.

A difficult time for you QNSue {{{{{HUGS}}}}}... as you sit and wait and wonder and worry ... not knowing what is "right". I know you'll figure that "right" out, and will be a blessing of support to her as she faces the whatever!

QuiltingNinaSue 09-12-2012 02:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok bf was not at fault for not calling me; her cell phone quit working. Surgery is scheduled for Sept. 18. She did give me batiks:[ATTACH=CONFIG]362342[/ATTACH]Center of table, [ATTACH=CONFIG]362343[/ATTACH]West End of table and[ATTACH=CONFIG]362344[/ATTACH] East side. 30 different pieces to make into projects.

QuiltE 09-12-2012 02:49 PM

QNSue... I'm ever so glad you heard from her ... I'm sure you are feeling a little better now that you have heard from her. Now the wait til the 18th.

OMG ... look at all those batiks!!!! :D And it looks like there are yards and yards of each of them too!!! Have you even started to think of what you are going to do with it all? Looks like there'll be lots of projects!!

First, I bet .. will be a cheery recovery quilt for your friend!!!!!! How about a bright and beautiful Friendship Star variation?

QuiltingNinaSue 09-12-2012 03:38 PM

Between the lines Pattern #322 by Mouintainpeek Creations of Centennial, Co. background will move across left to right by color tone and a border print will be 'between the lines' will be made first from the fabrics for bf. Yes, there are many yards in each color...and more to come according to bf. I will, of course, finish the many quilts tops need to full fill her wishes for her grandson, ggs, and foster children of her dd for Christmas.... love doing or planning quilts for children.

oksewglad 09-12-2012 03:45 PM

Another night of campfire chatter. It's turned cool here in Iowa. It's silo filling time and that goes with the territory although technically it's bunker filling time here at OK. A bag full of corn silage and the bunker topped off late this afternoon. Rain in overnight forecast. DDIL and I have had quality time in the barn milking. Then all day with 2 youngest and 2 of the older ones in the afternoon as school was out early while Mom ran one of the girls to an appt. I am whipped. Wore many hats today and wish one was "quilter".....What would a quilter's hat look like?

Nice pulsating star, Jan. It's lovely.
And wow what a collection of batiks, QNS. Oh and you know laughter is the best medicine.
GGal you are on a FW roll whether Sampler or PC. Way to go and there's one particular blue pinwheel block I kind of like LOL
Carrie's lap is a winner, isn't it?
If you want to see what Anael's been up to check this out
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t199791.html

Working on some red/white or cream mini's. Will share tomorrow--maybe if I get the time. Going to go put my feet up.

OH and QE nice to see you are Baaaacckkkk!!

QuiltE 09-12-2012 04:37 PM

Just kinda sorta back, OK!

I'd been wondering about you and how the corn had fared thru the drought ... and now into chopping it. Hope your yield is surprisingly good despite the dry times. Lots coming off here too!!

Thanks for the lead to Anael's latest project ... WOW!! :)

mirabelle 09-12-2012 08:28 PM

OK QNS I will be right over to help you tidy up your sewing room, you are going to need the extra room so you can fit all those BEAUTIFUL batiks in. My DD is reading this with me and she is starting to plan quilts so watch out you may have extra house guests:D:D