Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

oksewglad 05-26-2017 05:50 AM

Happy Anniversary to you SBG! The longer you've been married, you wonder how fast the time flies...
I'm back from seeing those 2 little guys and their sister. What a household...they will adjust....16 bottles in a 24 hour period is crazy...you are always fixing and cleaning...mom has off until mid July...and Nanna is close by...a big help. Now to take care of what has been left undone...beautiful flowers QNS...I think my lilacs got froze as the buds are all small and brown...later

JuneBillie 05-26-2017 09:30 PM

NinaSue, you have the most beautiful flowers all around your homestead.

JuneBillie 05-26-2017 09:33 PM

Happy Anniversary sewbizgirl!!

QuiltingNinaSue 05-27-2017 04:19 AM

Happy Anniversary, SBG! We have 51 years in together and going for as many as we can get from the Lord above. A friend who knew us back when we got married, says we still argue over the same things as back then. LOL! Nothing decided yet, I guess. He can be a very dour Scots man, although he claims to be Irish. Neither one of us is perfect, so its a good match.

OK, glad to hear you are back and had a great trip seeing the two little ones. Of course they will take after their grandparents and be perfect grand children!

I can see I took all pictures of the Wisteria plants on the North side; most blooms are on the South side. Clematis are in bloom and I ignored them and the weedy RR bed. with peonies and bleeding hears. I just do not get outside much anymore. Cannot see as well and afraid of losing my balance outside. I am as helpless as a turtle on its back when I fall down.

Nearly completed on the Hibiscus S&W quilt. One ribbon row and the two outside borders!

Rosyhf 05-27-2017 04:38 AM

Gorgeous flowers NS.....

JeanieG 05-27-2017 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7830220)
Bev, good luck with the painting.... That's something we need done here too, but I just can't bring myself to start.

Jeanie, welcome home traveling lady! Sounds like you saw a lot of different places, how fun! Sorry your machine conked out on you. I'd be tempted to stop by some yard sales and scout for an oldie to sew on in the mean time. Hope you can get yours fixed.

It is an older Brother that I use only in the RV. I don't know if I want to spend the money to get it fixed. I may do as you suggest! I had not used it probably for over a year - so it was "dried" out I think.

JeanieG 05-27-2017 09:06 AM

Congratulations SBG on your Anniversary!!!

QNS - gorgeous flowers. My roses are in full bloom too, and we just picked some apricots on one of our trees. I am pleased I got two varieties, as the other tree has green fruit on it. I think all the rain, and no unusual warm spell & wind in January helped our fruit trees this year. So often the warmth forces the trees to bloom early, then cold and wind ruin the blossoms.

oksewglad 05-27-2017 10:42 AM

So nice to hear from everyone...

My sweet pea that I started from seed years ago didn't make it this year as well as a clematis. The warm weather in February probably killed them. I transplanted a rose bush where the sweet pea was...yesterday I bought a Niobe clematis to replace the lost one..also a white autumn bloomer clematis to put on the cedar fence at end of the lane. Need to get them in this weekend. Planted peppers, an eggplant, cabbage and cauliflower this morning. Starting on tomatoes after lunch...cemetery visits later as well. Grands want to go so may be tomorrow noon.

dublb 05-31-2017 05:27 AM

Boy it is quiet here. I hope that everyone is outside having a good time in lovely spring weather. I mowed the lots yesterday. Not only did I mow our 3 lots but I mowed the 2 lots to the east of us. Tho owners don't mow 'em & then the president of the HOA has to. I mowed 'em so he won't have to. I do love bouncing around on that riding mower. :) It took me 4 hours to get it all done.

sewbizgirl 05-31-2017 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 7834616)
Boy it is quiet here. I hope that everyone is outside having a good time in lovely spring weather. I mowed the lots yesterday. Not only did I mow our 3 lots but I mowed the 2 lots to the east of us. Tho owners don't mow 'em & then the president of the HOA has to. I mowed 'em so he won't have to. I do love bouncing around on that riding mower. :) It took me 4 hours to get it all done.

That was good of you, Bev. My kids do that for their neighbors too, hoping to get them back on the ball.

We have had a lot of wet weather here and someone said it's supposed to rain all next week! Hope hubby gets grass cut before all that rain comes in.