Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-29-2013 08:44 AM

Fantastic work, Anael, on the sheets and caps; love it. OksewGlad had 3 beautiful quilts she displayed. And DD also had a good story to tell and great sewing work to show us.

I called Creekside Quilting and no news there...the quilter got very sick at the end of December, so I suspect it may be awhile yet before I see my FWQ. They will call me.

Dh birthday so will go bake a cake and try to look cheerful; sinuses have my head roaring today. No sewing today. Snow forecast to move in tomorrow, so that might be a better sewing day. Everyone take care in the winter storm watch.

Received my first BB in the mail yesterday. Beautiful design, colors and block. Wow. Will show photo of it later. So impressive with hand work and all. Perfect block.

QuiltE 01-29-2013 08:46 AM

DDamsel ... What a good woman you are! :) Just so long as DH remembers the RIGHT things!!! :) Great start with your Sulky and an inspiration to me (not that I need to start MORE projects, do I?) and hopefully others will join us too? Was there anything in the instructions that will be confusing to me?

Questions for DDamsel and ALL ....Not being an applique person, I have questions galore about it. So please bear with me. I want to try to do it using the method I've seen on teh QB where you put some sort of a fusable on the back, and then it acts like your template when you are doing the needle turn to the back. What kind/type of fusable should I buy?

QNSue ... we'll all stop by later for some tea and a piece of that delicious cake!
Happy Birthday MrQNSue!!!! :D First BB? I'm guessing from western CAnada? :)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-29-2013 09:25 AM

Good news: Jeanie is finishing up the quilting on the FWSQ; bad news is that I cannot get to Des Moines until after the first of the month, and that will depend upon the weather. OOOOOOOOOOOOh the waiting is getting to me, I wanna see it!!

Yes, QuiltE, you are right as usual. Birthday cake is Duncan Hines Fudge Cake, with added Chocolate Syrup and Chocolate mini morsels and Chocolate frosting; I will serve everyone in the virtual RV a piece of it...and the deep fried shrimp and salad.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-29-2013 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now let us see if I upload the beautiful Bonus Block from Western Canada:[ATTACH=CONFIG]391611[/ATTACH]Janie's take on the Canadian Flag; the heart represents friendship; the flowers on the white back ground are Janie's province's (Alberta) official flower, the wild rose. I love it!! Perfect block.

QuiltE 01-29-2013 09:56 AM

QNSue ... And in less than an hour your FWS has gone from no progress to almost finished? How exciting .... and YES, we are all awaiting (patiently, of course) to see it!! Great BB!!

JanieW ... a perfect Canadian and Albertan take on the BB!

deranged_damsel 01-29-2013 10:38 AM

QuiltE

I KNEW I could tempt you :D

WHAT? me read instructions??? how do I know if they are confusing :D LOL I DID struggle with the metric measurements, I measured everything TWICE with a school ruler and THEN cut. I was soooo nervous to get it wrong!

I have tried ALOT of methods for applique, and practiced ALOT! the thing I like about this particular pattern for beginners is that the pieces are all lopsided, it adds to the CHARM of the finished project... and mistakes are less likely to show ;)

I believe that I have tried the fusible in the past. I think it is as good a method as any!

oksewglad 01-29-2013 11:50 AM

Anael--Oh such lovely embroidery work! Looks like you've covered all sizes with the hats to keep those little heads warm.
Keep plugging GGal in no time you will be dancing with QNS and your finished quilts. Patience QNS I'm sure the FWS will be beautiful. Oh I can't wait for supper and that fantastic chocolate cake. BD greetings to DH. Such pretties sent from Alberta. Nice job Janie.
DD you are braver than I. I only drive truck and trailer if I am only going a straight line. It's a "chore" I never learned--maybe on purpose:D. Some days wished I'd never learned to milk cows but must blame my dad for that one. Love the dressmaker's form.
Applique--not if I can help it so not much help for you QE.
Didn't feel well this morning and slept til noon--yikes. Now way behind on daily duties. Emily and I sewed yesterday and I started cutting more pieces for the GPA shirts quilts (GSQ's).
Milk check arrived; guess I'm paying bills today.

carriem 01-29-2013 12:14 PM

Box of BBs has arrived from QNS!! Everything looks so nice...great job!

Just waiting on 3 more sets....then will sort and mail back. :)

I have been reading the last few days but not feeling the best so haven't responded much...more another day soon I hope...

JeanieG 01-29-2013 12:36 PM

Wow, lots of chatter today! I am mailing my BB today Carrie!

Anael, those sheets and hats are so cute. I bet that that smallest one is still too big for those babies! From the last photo, with the hat on Bram's head, those are the usual baby hats they put on them. And it is soooo big for him (so cute).

Sewing my Easy Street blocks together to make rows. Hope to have that finished today, then sew the rows together and get this thing finished.

QuiltE - no help from me on applique! Ugh! My arthritis makes it so hard to sew by hand any more. I cannot close my right hand entirely, it is most annoying! Does anyone know of anything that will reduce the swelling in these old fingers?

Anael 01-29-2013 01:58 PM

Thank you all for your compliments! We think the smallest hat is too small but we will see tomorrow. The hat he's wearing in the picture is too big indeed but it looks cute!
Bram is doing well today, he peed quiet a lot and lost fluid so he can breath easier. And he had a full diaper :D so his belly is soft again and he's more comfortable. Isa was sleeping a lot but when Mick was there she was awake, waving her tiny hands. She heard Mick and started to move around with her arms so she did recognize his voice.

Tomorrow I will go with my DS and DDIL and we will bring Julian home with us.

I didn't have time to make my daily block today, I had to embroider and sew the sheets. Tomorrow I won't have time either, so I will make some extra on Thursday.

QNS, you have received a lovely block! And I want a piece of your cake! Is there still some left?