Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 02-18-2013 05:52 AM

YEAHHHHHHHH my BB blocks arrived :D :D Gorgeous!

Anael 02-18-2013 05:55 AM

My DS just called. He got a call from the hospital. The doctors want a meeting today about both Bram and Isa. With Isa the problem is the ductus. It doesn't close in spite of all the meds she got. This weekend they started another round of meds but had to stop yesterday because of the side effects. So the only thing left is surgery.
With Bram it's his fungus infection. His problems are getting worse and there's not really anything they can do. I will know tonight what the doctors told my DS and DDIL.

dublb 02-18-2013 07:40 AM

Prayers for your li'le angles! Anael.

Anael 02-18-2013 08:38 AM

Isa will have surgery tomorrow to close the ductus. She's on her way to another hospital now. The neonatologist is with her in the ambulance. If all goes well she will be back next week.
There are no meds left for Bram to fight the fungus. He needs time to get stronger but it's fingers crossed and hope he will get the time he needs. Nobody can tell, so we have to wait.

dublb 02-18-2013 08:56 AM

I'm still prayin' for 'em. I know God has plan but don't know what it is. {{{HUGGS}}}

QuiltE 02-18-2013 09:05 AM

Prayers for the babies, Anael ... let those BBs give you a {{{{HUG}}}} from all of us.

The post office never has the mail sorted til mid afternoon ... so I will sit and wait and wonder having an anxiety attack til later this afternoon!

Muslin ... Please educate me, Ladies!!
Some of you have requested muslin for your PCMR blocks .... or what acronym are we using?
I have no problem going to buy it ... but I better know something about what to buy.
To me, muslin is a really finely woven fabric that when it is washed it shrinks up, shrivels up, is super wrinkly and virtually impossible to get it back smooth and flat. Much like the sugar bags my mother used to wash and use for stuff.

I have a feeling this is NOT what you are requesting.

So please do tell me more!

Honchey 02-18-2013 09:15 AM

QuiltE, The muslin on the market today has many different grades ..I think I asked the gals which muslin they prefer..bleached or natural..they haven't responded yet...
Kona has a very nice muslin in both natural and bleached...Stay away from the very inexpensive ones..they are crappy!!! some of them will tell you on the bolt info what % of shrinkage...You'll know just by comparing them when you feel them...see how thin they are..check the cut edge and see how much it frays...it won't be hard to decide after handling the different ones...

QuiltE 02-18-2013 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5870220)
QuiltE, The muslin on the market today has many different grades ..I think I asked the gals which muslin they prefer..bleached or natural..they haven't responded yet...
Kona has a very nice muslin in both natural and bleached...Stay away from the very inexpensive ones..they are crappy!!! some of them will tell you on the bolt info what % of shrinkage...

Thanks Honchey ... I don't recall seeing any, but perhaps I thought it was just a cream fabric?

Muslin Ladies ... we await your further info and guidance on how to shop!

Guess what? I hit the big SIX-Oh this weekend ...... PC blocks, that is! :)
Am heading off to post #59+60 including a late Valentine for you Ladies .... and then to the group shot of the first sixty.

Thought you might like to see what the view out of my sewing area is like right now!
Quite the contrast to those woodland flower shots from last spring!!! :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396066[/ATTACH]

Honchey 02-18-2013 09:33 AM

Wow, lots of snow....Muslin is generally kept separate from other cottons..could be near the solid colors and might have several shades of off white, cream, beige...the white muslin is just white...the thread count is known to be less that regular quilting cotton...it's less $ than quilting cotton...like I mentioned before many grades..quilt shops I would think carry a better grade than you would get at a discount store...

QuiltingNinaSue 02-18-2013 09:39 AM

Beautiful, QuiltE, just beautiful winter scene, so peaceful and undisturbed by animal or man. Beautiful to see when you don't have to drive in it.

Hugs from across the big pond to Anael; our prayers are with you...and the little ones.

BIL is here helping DH with his computer woes on the old machine; so have to fix a bit of lunch for them...have it in the oven so I can continue in my sewing room. DD is working as fast as she can building her Dad a new computer. Good news that she will deliver it as soon as possible and we will get to visit after she fixes all programs he wants on it.

Back to working on Farmers Scrap Quilt pattern.