Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 02-20-2013 04:52 PM

Mirabelle--I got the new quilting on the square blocks...thanks for letting us know. I thought I had signed up for their newsletter, but haven't gotten one, so signed up (again)? I will watch for the new BOM next month too.

mirabelle 02-20-2013 08:04 PM

QuiltE I checked out the website for the thread, I put the box of thread and another 6 thread pack into my cart but the postage was $88 :( so I then took out the 6 thread pack and the postage was $55, still a little too high..which is a pity as I would have bought them.
I might contact them to see if they would just put the thread into a post bag without the packaging. Will let you know the outcome...

dublb 02-20-2013 08:22 PM

Ouch! That's a lotta postage!

QuiltE 02-20-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 5876790)
QuiltE I checked out the website for the thread, I put the box of thread and another 6 thread pack into my cart but the postage was $88 :( so I then took out the 6 thread pack and the postage was $55, still a little too high..which is a pity as I would have bought them.
I might contact them to see if they would just put the thread into a post bag without the packaging. Will let you know the outcome...

MiraB ... Yikes! I know our postage is high, and that thread is pretty heavy, but $88/$55 worth? YIKES again! There isn't much packaging, so that's not going to make a big difference. Try giving Jonathan at [email protected] an email to question if the auto calculator was correct, or if there's a less costly way of shipping to you. BTW there's some way that I can get a credit for referring you to them, so if you'd please do so, I'd really appreciate it!. Are you using Aurifil now? or any of their other brands? I'm definitely an Aurifil convert! :)

mirabelle 02-20-2013 09:53 PM

QuiltE I have just sent them an e-mail where I did tell them that their website had been recommended to me by a friend in Canada, so if they can reduce the shipping costs will definitely put your name down as a referral. Yes I have used Aurifil before but unfortunately I can't buy it locally, usually put a couple of spools in with my order at Hancocks but they haven't had free shipping for quite a while:thumbdown: I keep a very close eye on their website

I get 30 yards of fabric from the States for $45 and thats quite heavy, surely thread doesn't weight that much

mirabelle 02-20-2013 10:01 PM

QuiltE i have sent 2 e-mails but both have bounced back to me as undeliverable so maybe I wasn't meant to buy pretty thread today

Anael 02-20-2013 10:37 PM

Mirabelle, your leader/ender project is lovely! And the butterfly quilt.....gorgeous!

QuiltE, congrats on getting the BB blocks. Nice gift to yourself :D

Anael 02-20-2013 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Before I'm starting my day I want to share a picture with you
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396733[/ATTACH]
Bram and his dad, first time cuddling and first time out of the incubator.

Anael 02-21-2013 02:15 AM

I'm making the most beautiful snuggles you've ever seen :D

Update on Bram and Isa: Isa is doing ok. She came back yesterday and my DDIL told me she looked around like she wanted to say: happy to be back LOL
They tried to do a procedure on Bram to 'soften' the mucus but his condition got so bad so rapidly they had to stop. Otherwise he's ok too.
We know their condition still is very unstable and they're still critical, things can go very wrong in a heartbeat but we're happy with how they are doing now.

mirabelle 02-21-2013 03:15 AM

Such a beautiful photo of your son and his son, oh my gosh I am crying. I'm praying that things continue to improve and both Bram and Isa are soon out of danger. I know it will be a long road to travel for them and I hold them in my prayers every night.