Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 03-27-2013 07:37 PM

**jumps into DDamsel's brain**
*****scrambles it up!!!!!!!*****
So if you knew that one ... how about this one, DDamsel? ... (and others too?)
♪♪♫http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDNDELFF1ok♫♪♪

QNSue ... it's the same words as Rosemary's. I think I spent more time than DDamsel, listening to several enjoying the tunes, and thus why she was so quick on the draw! So you just whipped up those drawings in short order! My goodness, QNSue ... you could go back into business selling them again! And oh how nice that'd be to have more in the borders ... or perhaps as cornerstones in the borders, if you didn't want to do it all around? or, keep those two and use them for 2 of the corners, draw 2 more ... and yes, make 2 more PC blocks! :) Sew Many Possibilities!

dublb 03-27-2013 07:38 PM

Oh my! I just had ta stop back by, & low & behold ya'll had pulled up my favorite song. It makes me think o' my DGDad. He was always fixin' someone's house. :) That song just makes me smile.
Yes Sue start drawin' & paintin' again!!!
PS I like 'You Are My Sunshine' too.

deranged_damsel 03-27-2013 07:42 PM

Heavens!!! QuiltE this version is one of my alltime favorite songs :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGa3zFRqDn4

hey... while you are in there... I seem to have misplaced my Serger manual and my FF fabric.... any ideas????

QuiltE 03-27-2013 07:48 PM

Aw heck, DDamsel, I thought those cowgirls were kinda cute!
And I liked their peppy-ness more than Johnny. I fell asleep when he was singing!! :D

As for a Serger manual, I ripped it up .... because it seems you have LOST your FFC fabric! Oh Oh!
Besides you don't need the serger to sew those Lil PC Blocks together!!!! :D

BTW ... have you quilted with your new machine yet? I want to seeeee!!!! :)

deranged_damsel 03-27-2013 07:53 PM

I KNEW IT!!! grrrrrrrrr....... but HEY I do need my serger manual to use my ruffler to make a RUFFLE for my PC :D and my FF isnt LOST.... its gone on vacation :D :D :D

SIGH.... Goodnight!!! Im gonna let Johnny sing me to sleep now ;)

QuiltE 03-27-2013 08:14 PM

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a ruffle for your PC .... in lace? :)
So are you saying that you have your PC blocks all together, DDamsel?
:Dphoto photo photo!!!!!!!!!!!:D
(and if you do not want the world to know, remember you have my email address and can send me LOTS of pictures of the lace and the blocks and and and .................and I will keep it all a hush hush secret!!!)

Where do you suppose that FF is holidaying? Hope it's having a good time!

And ... we need to see updated puppy pictures!!!!! :)

Johnny's already put me to sleep, so here's another one for your tired little self ...............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNs3nK31DKc

Good Night, DDamsel ... sleep tight!

Anael 03-28-2013 01:32 AM

Beautiful drawings QNS! Once you're a famous artist we all can say we know you :)

I was going through one of my cupboards this morning. I found a small box from Bernina. I didn't have a clue what was in it but I saw BSR on the front of the small box. I know I bought my Bernina without the BSR foot and the price of the machine was considerably lowered because of the missing BSR foot. I told my dealer I wouldn't need it because at that time I wasn't quilting and didn't intend to either.
I almost fainted, because there's a BSR foot in the box! I don't have any idea how I got it but I do have it :D So now I have to play with it. Wish me luck, I have no idea how it works and maybe I don't like it at all!

mirabelle 03-28-2013 03:36 AM

Wow I am gone for a day and it takes me an hour just to catch up;) now I can't remember what I read:D:D
Here goes, if I miss anyone I sincerely apologise

JeanieG our first choice is sometimes the one we should go with. Your quilt is going to be stunning

DD loved the eagle pic, reminds me of the eagle quilt I made DH, they are his favourite winged creature.

QNS your drawing are amazing, so life like

Anael what a bonus for acquiring the BSR foot:thumbup:

And last but not least..........QuiltE have you snuck in and taken my Ipod, cause you have certainly found all my favourite music. I have Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra. Bing Crosby, Tammy Wynette, of course Elvis, Pat Boone, Doris Day (Que Sera Sera) Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Buddy Holly and lots more, love anything from the 50's to the 70's and they play all day long, cause I always say you can't be in a bad mood if you are singing (even if you sing badly):D

Gave DD her quilt today, wish I had my camera as we hung it in the hall with a big happy birthday sign on it, she loved it. It is Easter weekend here so am staying home, we will do something nice with DD when we can all get together. DH will probably spend the next 3 weeks pottering around the yard or fishing, he might even take the boat out.
No MB for me today so will have to wait until Tuesday.
Goodnight everyone chat soon

QuiltE 03-28-2013 05:26 AM

Happy Easter, MiraB ... what a special birthday for your DD to share her quilt presentation with everyone! I think we are all pretty much of the same age (except the young'un CarrieM!), thus the similarities in music appreciation! :) I love most any music and genre ... though the oldies are what I was raised on, so they have stuck probably a little more! Funny thing, there's few songs I can tell you who they belong to .... well, some I know, like Anne Murray's Snowbird! :) Who doesn't? :)

Anael ... Looks like you have a new "toy"! Do tell me more once you give it a try. Of course, it may take awhile for you to get comfy with it, so don't "hate" it before it has a fair chance! I know little about the BSR, other than the concept draws my attention ... perfect and even FMQ stitching. What was the verdict ont he Coverlock? Keep the older model? or spring for the newer and easier to operate/thread machine?

No sewing for me last night ... in thought mode about the PC borders.
Any and all input welcome!!! :)

oksewglad 03-28-2013 05:32 AM

Oh I love how this conversation evolved. A picture of an eagle in a tree to old houses and off we all went! Sure made me smile as I finish my cuppa and get ready to head south. We should all have little sewing elves in our cupboards. A BSR hiding--hmm sounds like elves for sure. I never heard the this old house song--but music will be stuck in my mind as I drive home:D