Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 03-28-2013 06:07 AM

QE--I may be "a young'un" but I do actually like oldies too. :) I even knew most of the names/artists Mirabelle listed. LOL We play the "60s, 70s, 80s" station on pandora at our retreats as that is something everyone can agree on. It is fun when several start singing along to the same song at the same time.

OK--hope you have safe travels today.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-28-2013 06:24 AM

"You are my Sunshine" was recorded by a number of artists, I think, in the late forties. I liked the cowgirls better than Johnny Cash but none of them was what I remembered; must go do a search when I have time. Mirabelle, I like your list of artists, can agree with most of them. See, DD, the amount of chatter you can lead to from a photo? Excellent photo of the old house and the eagle. Love to see old photos of houses and barns.

Thanks everyone for your kinds words about my free hand drawings. Even daughter responded with a positive message that she was glad to see me drawing again. Dh was negative, 'that horse's neck is not right' enough though I never ask his 'opinion' of the drawing.... I think, OK, if you copy it, the computer.printer will give you the option to reverse the drawings, thus, giving you four...with the heads each way. Might reduce it and do that for corner stones in the border myself.

We were all watching from the virtual RV, Mirabelle, as you presented your daughter with her BD gift...wonderful moment to treasure. I am sure, OK, that you have several 'moments' on your trip and visitation, maybe you will share after Easter weekend.

I am still trying to remember what you found in the cupboard, Anael; do not recognize the letters as to what it is...senior moment, I am sure. Off to the quilt room, two more rows to put together, then sew all the rows together for the PC. Yes!!

Anael 03-28-2013 07:22 AM

BSR is Bernina Stitch Regulator. It's for FMQ, with the BSR attached to the machine you get all stitches same length. At least that's the idea. I tried it once and as far as I can see it works.
I went to the dealer this afternoon and got the coverlock. Not the used one, I brought that one back. He told me I could put in my cupboard :D I told him that he could do the same ;) Now I'm the proud owner of a Janome 100 cpx.

Honchey 03-28-2013 08:00 AM

Hi QNS, My Dad used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to me as a young child...It was the # 1 song in either 1939 or 1940 the year I was born...I cannot sing the song without getting tears in my eyes...it was so special to me...I went everywhere with my Dad as a kid...thanks for the memories!!!!

gardnergal970 03-28-2013 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5960396)
Hi QNS, My Dad used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to me as a young child...It was the # 1 song in either 1939 or 1940 the year I was born...I cannot sing the song without getting tears in my eyes...it was so special to me...I went everywhere with my Dad as a kid...thanks for the memories!!!!

My DDad would play the mandolin and sing it for us. Sweet memories.

JeanieG 03-28-2013 11:29 AM

It must be a trip down "memory lane" for all of us with these old songs. I agree with QuiltE - a lot of us are the same age! I'll be 71 next month. Gads, where has time flown!

How fun to find a new toy Anael! I don't think I'll ever master FMQing! I can follow lines pretty well, and I prefer a design to meandering type quilting.

Anael 03-28-2013 12:08 PM

It sure was fun to find that foot :) I still don't know how I got it. I asked my dealer but he hasn't got a clue either.
Jeanie, I thought the same and I'm still not good at it but it's just practice, practice and some more practice.

The twins have to stay in Zwolle for a while.
The ophtalmologist wasn't happy with Isa's eyes. Bram has problems too but not as bad as Isa.
She might have to go to another hospital for treatment, we still don't know. Next week he's seeing Isa again.
So they will stay in Zwolle for at least another week. It's ok, they're in good hands there.
They both love being in a crib :)

janRN 03-28-2013 01:54 PM

Seems like most are heading to the finish line with their PC quilts. They are spectacular!! I love looking at them. Each one is so special and reflects the maker's personality by whimsy, color choices, special blocks, etc. Great job, ladies and thank you for the beautiful pics.
The Mystery Blocks have all turned out so nice. I like seeing them and getting ideas for ...........'s for this month. Now I can't wait to see the new ones!
I've been locked in my sunporch (with NO sun) forcing myself to FMQ. I suck! I practice for an hour and it doesn't look bad; then I try it on a finished quilt and it looks really bad. How do you get "smooth"? I tried to make rounded leaves but they ended up jagged like holly leaves. I'm getting so frustrated. I have most of the BonusBlock quilt done and I've picked out as much as I've sewn. Grrr--I need to find someone who doesn't like to piece but likes to quilt. Then I'd do all the piecing and she could do all the quilting!

Anael 03-28-2013 02:29 PM

Jan, come over here and we can work together. You piece and I do FMQ :) No sun here either and no sunporch, just a living room and a killer kitty :D

mirabelle 03-28-2013 02:44 PM

JanRN you could come visit me, I'll give you some lessons on FMQing. I have a friend who bought a Sweet Sixteen and she is too scared to use it, has hardly touched it in over a year.
DH has just left for his morning fishing excursion so while the house is quiet I am going to head to the sewing room and start something or finish something what ever I want to do:)