Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 04-01-2013 06:50 PM

dublb--did you get your MB while you were away?

We haven't seen OK's block yet (I know she was pretty busy the last week, especially over the weekend).

Those are the only two that I don't have pictures saved for (I have decided to save them in folders with your names on them so I can watch how your "quilts" are coming together.) :)

dublb 04-01-2013 08:19 PM

No it didn't git here while I was gone. I sure thought it would be.

mirabelle 04-01-2013 11:34 PM

Honchey hope your surgery goes well tomorrow and you will soon be on the mend. I am not liking this keyboard at the moment, can you tell where my new paragraph starts:D DS didn't come over today, think he might be avoiding his technology challenged mother:D:D and yet my last employment was as a Senior Administration Officer for a Government Department in charge of the budget and working in finance programs all day long.....and previous to that in a Bank doing small business and consumer lending:p and my computer still befuddles me:shock: Bev I loved your words of wisdom, yes we are where we are supposed to be in this world. What a smart husband you have, he could see your inner beauty all along. Carriem I love that you are keeping folders of our blocks, my first one is proudly pinned to my design wall, can't wait for the next one..

gardnergal970 04-02-2013 05:12 AM

Mirabelle....I was so hoping your MB would get to you soon! Honchey, such an unusual block and well worth waiting for! I agree that we should get yours in the mail earlier than the 15th.
Honchey...thinking of you today. Hope your procedure goes well.
Dubib...welcome back from Brady. Loved your rambling. It's such a revelation when we start to see our own beauty and embrace it!
Me...I got one quilt bound yesterday and worked outside in the garden for over an hour. Today, hopefully another binding done and more garden work although at the moment, I'm itching to redo the April block. I'm having trouble getting the corners to come out right without having points in the seam allowance. Not good.

Honchey 04-02-2013 05:49 AM

Hi Everyone, woke up this a.m. with 2 swollen knuckles....I can't wait to take my Celebrex... I sewed until 2 a.m. I guess the anticipation got to me..I had some rice pudding just before bed....

Mirabelle, when browsing thru my software for stars It seemed they all looked alike to me until I saw this one..most of them have the center point where 8 seams come together or the dreaded "Y" seam and I had enough of that with both FWS...this one called Woven Star kept calling to me ..It's a very simple block really when you take the sections apart...and...it's paper pieced!!!!
Dublb...I hope your block gets to you soon...I'm sure there's a reason as to why it isn't....Glad you had a nice time in Brady...That's quite a distance from where you currently live...I checked it out on Google earth...
15 more minutes before my pre-med then another 15 before we leave for my appointment...I'm not scared...I just want to get it over with....Unless by some miracle I have no after pain and I'm not totally doped up I'll see y'all later...H.

Anael 04-02-2013 06:59 AM

Good luck Honchey! You can come here totally doped :D Would love to see that, I know I'm acting weird when doped :)

Mirabelle, gorgeous MB! I love those colours!

Bev, you're not rambling at all! I too love your words of wisdom.

I have to back to the dentist:( Nothing special, lucky me! No oral surgery, had enough of those already. Last time I had an appointment with the surgeon, he looked in his agenda for an appointment and told me 'oh, we can do it now'.....and he did! No time to get scared, no time to prepare. My face was black and blue for over a week!

Thursday it's twins time again! First time I will see them in their cribs. I would love to hold one of them but I'm afraid to ask. Besides, I think it's their parents' right to hold them, they only see them a few times a week. I can hold them when they're home.

I wanted to quilt a table topper I made for my DDIL. Used Elmer's Glue for the first time and now I have to wait till it's dry! I ironed it but it's still wet. I guess for small projects it's faster to pin the whole thing. I would love to spray baste but those cans are so expensive :( At my LQS I pay about $ 20 for one can! Bit too much for my liking! I won't have time to finish the topper today anyway as I have to go to a meeting tonight.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-02-2013 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did not notice an answer to your question. Anael, about sandpaper on the back of your templates; here are some clear round circles that Hobby Lobby, maybe JoAnn's has at the top of the picture. Also are the "Cool Tool" set that works great with this free pattern from Blank called "Pansy Passions II".[ATTACH=CONFIG]405932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]405933[/ATTACH] The little plastic circles stick to the template without 'hiding' any lines. Twelve blocks make a 'throw quilt', in a three by four block arrangement. The pansy fabric has a gold outline around each flower, but you may not see clearly in the picture. I have gotten other similar templates from Quilt in a Day and other places, including Maria Mitchell, but these work the best.

Anael 04-02-2013 12:59 PM

Thank you QNS! Now to find those clear plastic circles here! Your pansie fabric is gorgeous, I think I would pin the whole piece of fabric on my design wall and admire it. It's too beautiful to cut into pieces ;) And yes, I see the gold outline around each flower. I LOVE it!

janRN 04-02-2013 01:53 PM

Just getting caught up with yinz after the holiday and working more hours again. They talk about the bad economy and people needing jobs but we hire and then they call in sick once a week and we only work a 4 day week! These are mostly gals just starting their first jobs so I guess they haven't developed a work ethic yet. Have you ever called in sick to your job because you went to a concert last night and got wasted????? Yep-and that's at least someone being honest about why they're calling off. I'm too old for this crap LOL!!! Alrighty now--my Enter key won't work. Hmmm--gremlins?? Thanks for posting the beautiful blocks-always puts a smile on my face to check in here and see all the "candy". Not going to type any more; hate no paragraphs!!

JanieW 04-02-2013 02:14 PM

Is that my MB , QNS ??????. That pansy fabric is gorgeous. I'm sure that must be coming my way this month!

Honcehey, Hope all went well and that you will be feeling ok asap.

JanRN, I have never called in sick because I went to a concert the night before and got wasted, mainly because I have never gone to a concert the night before and got wasted. :D I am so old school I used to drag myself to work when I didn't feel well, if I wasn't contagious.

I had the day from H.E. double hockey sticks in the sewing room today. I had what I considered to be just enough of the perfect fabric for my April MB and I went and cut it wrong so now I have to go to plan B. Arggggg.

Bev, You weren't rambling, just sharing how wise you are. I hope some of that will rub off on me.

Hope everyone is having a good day.