Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 04-10-2013 04:22 AM

Isa will have to stay in Groningen. They are too busy to transport her back. There has to be a doctor with her in the ambulance and there's no one available today. If she goes back to Zwolle she will be admitted to another ward as the NICU is full now. But at least they will be in the same hospital again!

deranged_damsel 04-10-2013 05:16 AM

GOODMORNNG!!!! WOW a girl takes a few days off and away yall go! it is just DAZZLING to see what you ladies are up to :D

I have been doing ALOT of work outside, up until a couple of days ago! the wind blew for two days, gusting all night long... and yesterday we woke up to SNOW!!! more snow.... grrrrrr several inches.... SIGH!

I FOUND my FF :D :D :D AND my Serger manual :P :P :P its amazing how much housework I can get done when not sewing! I havent been able to sew much... my hands are numb every morning... so I have been crocheting. A good friend of mine has stage 4 colon cancer and I am helping her get several of her projects finished that are promised to her grandkids .

GOOD to see all of you doing well!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-10-2013 05:35 AM

Waking up to lots of Chatter here is a wonderful start to the day.

Great 'new' sewing machine, Carrie. Have lots of fun with it. Anael, its one day at a time...news is good that they will be able to be moved closer to you. jeanie, you are blessed with not only gc, but ggc...wow. need pictures to see the new born and generation picture of all of you. OksewGlad, heritage seeds that you start every year? what kind, Big Boys or Brandywine tomatoes? DD, you can keep the snow, I just want to see rain now. We got rain last night and the grass is greener this morning...its a raining day perfect to sew in the quilt room. Sorry to hear about your friend, DD, with stage four colon cancer. That is what killed my Dad when he was 43 and Mom when she was 63. Honchey, have a good trip, and watch those other drivers who cannot drive safe. Mirabelle, you do like to tease.

Hope to finish assembling the last four pansy blocks of the 12 blocks needed and put the pansy passion blocks together today...maybe the borders, too. Meet and greet everyone in the virtual RV today for a cup of tea...hot tea.

dublb 04-10-2013 06:45 AM

"Did ya say hot tea??" She says as she comes runnin' up w/a cup in her hand. I'm as bad about my tea as most people are about coffee.:D
I'll see about gittin' my picts on the computer & resized in a bit. Right now Turtle is in my lap. He says that I spent way too much time sewin' last night & now he has ta make up all that "lap" time. LOL I wish my camera was over here & not in the other room.
For 2 days we had highs at 91* F, & this mornin' it froze. It's at 35* F now. Brrr what a change! I really do need some hot tea!

dublb 04-10-2013 10:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my PC BB flimsy. I'm gonna hand quilt it. I'll post the picts o' how I mitered it. In a li'le bit. :) (There's a bunch o' 'em.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407125[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407126[/ATTACH]
Here's my mitered triple border.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407127[/ATTACH]
The bluegreen one was on before I started. I wasn't gonna miter 'em at first but decided that I really wanted that look.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-10-2013 10:22 AM

Great job, Dublb.

i did enjoy our cup of tea; did you notice yours said 'Dairy Queen, Texas Stop Sign" on it?? We have quite a collection of coffee cups...

dublb 04-10-2013 10:53 AM

LOL I also collect mugs. I really love the idea o' havin a DQ stop sign mug. I bet it's a wonderful addition ta your collection! I'll git one some day.
For the rest o' ya'll: one o' DQ's advertising in Tx is that the DQ sign is is a TX stop sign. LOL

dublb 04-10-2013 11:07 AM

9 Attachment(s)
OK here goes my tute.
First make sure that your borders extend quite a bit past each other at the corners.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407128[/ATTACH]
Sew each one ta the 1/4" mark on each side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407130[/ATTACH]
Lay one side out straight & fold the other one at a 45* angle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407132[/ATTACH]
Make sure that both sides line up where the right sides come tagether.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407135[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407136[/ATTACH]
Make sure that everything lines up,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407138[/ATTACH]
& press.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407139[/ATTACH]
(More ta come.)
How do I git rid o'these other picts?

dublb 04-10-2013 11:16 AM

Run a tiny line o' glue along the underside o' the pressed piece.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407141[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407142[/ATTACH]
Fold it back over & carefully line it back up,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407143[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407144[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407146[/ATTACH]
& press ta set the glue. (My nick name from my retreat friends is Ms. Stickit 'cause I use glue for everythin'.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407147[/ATTACH]

Still more ta come.

dublb 04-10-2013 11:24 AM

Fold it open & run a chalk line along the pressed line.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407148[/ATTACH]
Sew from the outside ta the inside so as ta see where ta stop. (I've done it the other way & don't like the results.) Be sure ta pull the threads behind the needle as ya start & do some back stitchin' here for security.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407149[/ATTACH]
Here ya can see where I stopped & back stitched.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407150[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407151[/ATTACH]

Just a few more. :)