Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 04-19-2013 05:07 AM

Cariem I have 5 blocks left to quilt and they WILL be finished tomorrow, then just the borders and the binding which I hope to be doing the hand sewing by Sunday night. That's the plan anyway.
Tonight I finished the binding on my PC quilt, so that is all nicely folded and ready to hang in the hall on Thursday when I can take a full photo of it..
It is past 11pm here so this little chickie is going to put her head on a pillow and dream of quilts:D

Anael 04-19-2013 06:10 AM

GG, thanks! No I don't hold the twins more, I only see them once a week. I'm visiting them tomorrow so maybe I can hold one of them again? I hope so.

Honchey 04-19-2013 06:49 AM

I'm done shopping for awhile :).....I'm going to pick strawberries this afternoon if it doesn't rain...I need to bring a dessert for the Clubhouse monthly BINGO!!! Yes, it will be the third time this week...I hope I can holler Bingo tonite!
The social committee collects $1 from everyone if you want dessert then they use those proceeds for the cups, plates, napkins etc..We have a very nice group of people that are very active here...There's supposed to be a Pot Luck next Saturday...I hope someone volunteers to host it...otherwise it's a no go....
I've been thinking about how I would like to use the "colorful fabric". It was showcased as a large circle machine appliqued on another companion print...I like the concept but found using all the different fabrics a bit too much for my eyes...I'll have to browse thru some books when I go back to work next month...

I did find a cute pattern..it's called "Pretty Dresses" 16 different strapless scalloped hem dresses on a dress form with hats tilted different ways.. I picked up a kit of the kaffe fasset prints cut especially for this pattern...I really need to practice for using the buttonhole stitch....it is a little entailed but it's something I can put away & then pick up when I need to...
Yes, it's me!!! I'm the chirper !!! I realized after I mailed the envelope that it was too early...I'm in a another swap here on the board and all 3 envelopes were sent at the same time...Sorry..

QuiltingNinaSue 04-19-2013 07:04 AM

Mine is in the mail, too, Honchey, with everything going on here, it was a detail I took care of before the surgery day.

Today, I am sore and very tired, so its taking everything easy time and moving v e r y s l o w.

Loved your selected fabrics, GG and Honchey. Loved Anael posted block, and agreed on everything GG said earlier.

I buried that durn Farmer Scrap pattern and then could not find it....as I walked into the quilt room this morning, fabric and papers had fallen on the floor from up above somewhere....and there was that durn pattern among the papers and fabric!!! Like the angels had tossed it down from on high last night!! There's a sense of humor there somewhere...

Like as bfs were loading up their things this morning to go home, and I told my dh to take the eggs from my car to theirs using her plastic bags....but, he says looking puzzled, if I do that they will break!!! No, I said move the cartons of eggs over from my box to theirs!! Had to tell that one to bf before she left!!:eek::) LOL!!

Have layout and borders composed for BBs now, and the single border for PC thought out. Now to carry out the plans by Tuesday...

dublb 04-19-2013 07:28 AM

Hey Ya'll It's so good ta hear from DD! Oh I have so much ta say & no time ta type it. LOL We are headed out in just a min. Yes we are agoin' ta Brady. :) Gotta check on those plants! :) I'm also gonna take a class at the LQS there.

carriem 04-19-2013 07:39 AM

Ggal--yes the clubhouse is changing...once I made the decision to get a new machine instead of a bigger building this year, I started thinking of ways to use the space better than I already was! How many MBs do you have made so far? I think I have fabric chosen for all of mine, but not blocks yet. April is in the mail and May is ready to go out.

Mirabelle--great progress! I know you can get it done. :)

Honchey--some fresh strawberries sound very yummy! It will be a little while before we start getting good ones in the stores here.

QNS--sorry you are a little sore today. YAY on finding that pattern you've been hunting for!!!

Dublb--have a nice time in Brady. Are you just going for the weekend or longer? What class are you taking/did you take?

Off to turn up the heat in the clubhouse so it is warm in there when we return home this afternoon....

QuiltE 04-19-2013 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MiraB ... maybe now that you're java powered, you'll have better success!

Anael ... another pretty! ... I've been sitting here and looking at it, but don't see why the Y? Oh ... go more often to those darling SewGrands! :)

CarrieM ... now if we all were closer, we'd be there for your big sale! :) My goodness you are organized with all your MB fabrics selected!!!!

GGal ... You've got to get that backing pieced, so we can see it all finished!! Are you planning to quilt it? or send to the LAQ?

TweetTweet ... watch that bird doesn't poop on you and your package!!! :)\
Now resist ... and DO NOT OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
The suspense will drive you nuts for the next month!! :)

MiraB ... wheeeeeeeeeee!!!! your PC done, and Daisy near to end! Then? Sleep well, my friend!

Honchey ... you're possessed with the Bingo spirit. mmmmmmmmmmm fresh strawberries! I'm chuckling at the earlybird being YOU!!! ............. with so many of us getting our May blocks done before the April's were even sent, I wondered how long it'd be, before MBs would be gone early!!! :) Your Pretty Dresses pattern sounds oh so cute!

QNSue ... so glad for you that your BF was there to take you to the hospital and get you thru your first day. Good thing that avalanche happened in the night ... and not with you under it! :) So now the decision, continue with your BB quilt? or go back to Farmers Scraps? Rest a lot please, to let your body recover from yesterday.

DublB ... have good weekend. Look forward to seeing what you create in your class.

I told you last weekend, I was starting my FFC project. Mission Accomplished and photos were taken ... finally downloaded last night, so here's your sneak peak!!!! ....................
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408942[/ATTACH]

Honchey 04-19-2013 09:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hmmmmmm..seems to me that QuiltE is going to make some sort of wall hanging with maybe the white for names???

Well, you don't have to figure out the next photos...you know what they are...good enough to eat!!!

QuiltE 04-19-2013 09:55 AM

Nope! Not a wall hanging!!!! :D

And those strawberries look oh so luscious and delicious.
Me-thinks you should skip sharing them with others, and take something else to the GTG.
Keep the berries, all to yourself!!!!!!! :)

Honchey 04-19-2013 10:06 AM

You think the same way DH does...He said not to use all of them for tonite...He wants them for his cereal...He did help pick them...I didn't expect him to go into the field but off he went with the bucket....

I'm just going to rough cut them, add a bit of sugar and put a bowl of cool whip on the side....
I personally like to dip them into sour cream that's been sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.. Ahhh...so good!!!!