Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 05-05-2013 04:21 AM

I have been missing for the past few days or should I say buried under a quilt:D Will catch up on all the chatter tomorrow. Pics will follow shortly I promise. I think I can see a light at the end of a very long dark tunnel. I have 3 block to cross hatch, 13 1 1/2 inch sashings and 2 side triangles plus the border left to do. There were 72 sashing strips in the quilt. Payment from DD will be a 1kilo bag of Italian Roast coffee beans, a neck and back massage and a carton of Tylenol:D she doesn't know it yet... I haven't told her I had started her quilt and I just keep telling her I am cleaning up my room but she hasn't believed me and thinks I have started a new quilt:D I really really want to finish this by Thursday, then I can hang it in the hall and take a good photo of it.. Update on my quilt police, they did not turn up last Thursday:shock: Chat soon

QuiltE 05-05-2013 05:14 AM

MiraB ... the QP may have run from town!!
Maybe add a vat of wine to DDs bill! :D You will need it after all those 1/2" cross hatches! :)

Today's Food for Thought
"The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you,
whose presence calls forth your best."
~~Epictetus~~

QuiltingNinaSue 05-05-2013 05:26 AM

QuiltE, it is impossible for me to sew on two machines at once; I just wanted a machine to quilt as I go to finish place mats for DD that mine machine would not do two years ago. When dh said I could go for a new machine, I did. But to give dh a machine that he cannot ruin by changing *everything* tensions, etc., that he does by 'playing' with it...I think this one will sew well for him, too.

Other issue, is I promised BIL to finish his squares cut out of Levi jeans that he wants a guitar embroidered on each square. Bf has a machine that will do that,(said she would do them) but she always has a 'new' project to do, and does not finish anything. I am getting the quilt back that she was going to 'redo' right seven years ago and quilt it with the new machine on its borders.

Ggal, its wonderful you have a new dgd. I am convinced we cannot have too many grand kids to spoil. Wish our children felt that way.

Warm comfort food can be great, Honchey. I always follow the recipe on the Quaker Cornbread carton. The failures we feed to the chickens...and they love gravy, too. Chicks only sing to dh if he feeds them mid-afternoon; and they complain if he does not. Made Goulash yesterday; tasted great, warm and perfect for the good cool weather. Weather is to warm up this next week. Chicks and duck babies will all go back outside today.

Anael 05-05-2013 05:31 AM

I saw this quote today, and it made me think of all of you, my PC Friends!!!
"A good friend is a connection to life --
a tie to the past, a road to the future,
the key to sanity in a totally insane world."
~~Lois Wyse~~

QuiltE, I'm not so sure about the key to sanity :)

Jeanie, your quiltback is beautiful! I should think of doing that too, I never pieced a back to it's time I start doing that!

Today was cuddle time :) They both had a bath and they had it together! I took pictures, as soon as I've got them from my DDIL I will post them. Isa only has the feeding tube, everything else is gone! Bram is still on oxigen because of his cold.
I was cuddling Isa after she had her bottle and she threw up.......LOL I was covered in yellow smelly stuff! She did a good job as it even was in my hair :D

The impossible pie is in my oven right now, I'm so curious how it turns out! I hope it works, I've never made this before.

QuiltE 05-05-2013 05:31 AM

QNSue ... You are going to have so much fun with both your new machines!
Talking about feeding the rejects to the chickens, made me think ... why we have not seen a little piggie that would go to market as part of your farm? :D More good cooking!!!!!!!!!!!

And as I type, I can smell some good comfort food aromas coming from a kitchen in The Netherlands! :D

QuiltE 05-05-2013 05:34 AM

Anael .... look at the time of our posts!!
Bet you "enjoyed" that icky bath that Isa gave you!!!!!!
Kind of a good news, bad news situation.
As for the sanity ... you do have a point! :D
Though it does make it easier when with others of the same idiocy!!!!! :D

deranged_damsel 05-05-2013 05:40 AM

Good morning ladies!!!!
my weather has been WINDY, and when its windy there is no internet :( Oh well!!! Im here now :D HEY I have little redhead grandbabies at my house :D :D :D oooooooooh and the baby is CHUBBY!!!!

it sounds like you all have been BUSY, I have to talk fast then run away ok?

Anne, I KNEW that block would be perfect for you!!! that antique quilt catches my eye every time I see it, we stop at Cove Fort ALOT to take a bathroom break, it is in the middle of nowhere, but always seems to be on the road to somewhere! I LOVE LOVE that quilt, so Im glad that I FINALLY had a GOOD reason to try out the pattern :D

QuiltE and NinaSue I ordered the book for six halves :D I DO have fabric in my stash... it is not blue OR purple! I will take a picture!

Bye for now all :D :D :D

Anael 05-05-2013 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6045412)
And as I type, I can smell some good comfort food aromas coming from a kitchen in The Netherlands! :D

Here's the result of my cooking! It's good ! ! ! ! Hurry before I eat it all :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411850[/ATTACH]

Anael 05-05-2013 07:50 AM

I did a google search for impossible pie recipes. There are lots of them but: what is baking mix?

Honchey 05-05-2013 08:04 AM

Has everyone received the email from me for June MB?

Sorry Ladies, I came here first before reading my emails...

Anael, I think Bisquick is considered baking mix...I'm not sure...I think QNS is qualified to answer that...