Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 05-05-2013 10:43 AM

How I love the internet : http://www.ehow.com/way_5161306_do-d...y-blender.html

Honchey 05-05-2013 11:09 AM

I have beef stew cooking on the stove...I am still adjusting to having an electric stovetop and the first thing I now love about it is it's so easy to clean....I find my fairly new gas stove at home a pain to clean and I don't like the grates being so high from the flame...I think it's a waste of energy..my old stove wasn't like that...

My sister uses Bisquick alot...I think I used it once in my life..seriously....I think it's because my stepmom made strawberry short cake using biscuick and it turned out hard as a rock!! I never forgot it...I have a craving for Boston Creme Pie...think I'll make some vanilla pudding instead!! I'm getting hungry...maybe I should go eat something..:)

QuiltingNinaSue 05-05-2013 11:11 AM

Lots of chatter here, solving problems, loving dgc, and June blocks. Yes, that recipe is one way, QuiltE. The Amish Cookbook I have of 'Ever ready biscuit mix' is enough for everyone in the virtual RV...12c. flour, 4 Tablespoons of baking powder, 2 Tablespoons of salt and 2 c. lard. Mix crumbs with hands and store in tight container. When ready to use add a little water...place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Basically, its the dry ingredients stored so you can take it out and complete the recipe by adding the liquid ingredients. Often its done for a Christmas present...putting all the dry ingredients together to make cookies (cake or bread), and adding the recipe to complete the cookie dough or cake dough or bread dough. I have small books of many recipes to do this and have received them as 'gifts'. 'Blending' can be done by using a fork or knife or spoon; my dgm always used a spoon, so when I seen a 'blender', metal tool to cut the shortening into the flour, at my MIL, I had to ask what it was...and they laughed at me. So your question can be asked in any language, Anael, but I think you handle your English very well.

My Grandmother never had a lot of monies to just 'buy' something if she could do without she did. She was German-Dutch with one grandmother from England...always made the best from what life handed her...and meet that with a smile on her face.

Back to the sewing room where we are completing the kids Christmas gifts for 2 years ago Christmas..place mats and table runners with the new machine.

Anael 05-05-2013 12:43 PM

Thank you QNS for the directions of making the mix, the stories and your compliments :)

It's getting late here (10.45 pm) and tomorrow I have a lot to do so I'm calling it a day. CU all tomorrow!

mirabelle 05-05-2013 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sneak peek of the progress I am making. I hope to finish the cross hatching today and get the side triangles finished, then I think I will be cruising to the finish line. This has taken me a lot longer than I had planned but it is looking good.

Anael I love Impossible Pie, one of my favourites, think I will have to raid your fridge tonight:D

dublb 05-05-2013 05:12 PM

Well I was gonna tell ya'll about puttin' a bid in on a new house that is in a nicer part o' town & has 1 acre w/it. We started talkin' ta the realitor & all the talk o' preapproval's, back & forth bids & we have kinda backed off a bit. It brought all the memories o' tryin' ta buy the house a couple o' years ago. That turned inta a nightmare. I have an epidural tamarrow. So we should wait a bit. We will be able ta DMIL's financial adviser in the next few days. No since in jumpin' too fast. Our finances are so much different (better) than they were 2 years ago but it gits a bit scary.

Honchey 05-05-2013 05:29 PM

Oh Mirabelle, you do such beautiful quilting....just so beautiful...............

Dublb...If it's meant to happen...it will...Good luck with the epidural tamorrow..:)

dublb 05-05-2013 05:38 PM

Thanks so much ya'll. The wind has gone out o' my sales.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-05-2013 05:48 PM

Wait for the next gust of wind; it will come. What will be, will be, the future is not ours to see.

Mirabelle, beautiful work.

As the days roll into months and the months into years that are flying by all to soon, celebrate each day; once here, this day does not come again....waste not, want not...use every second of everyday wisely... love and be loved.

QuiltE 05-05-2013 05:48 PM

Anael ... I made the pie tonight. Halved the ingredients. And sadly did not have any coconut to add for some pizzazz to it! :D Another time!!! Of course, you know that OKSGlad and I, as dairy farmers *shudder* when we see/hear the M word!! :D

Honchey ... when I redid my kitchen at the farm I had my first experience with propane, and bought a cooktop, based on the salesman's advice. Oh how I soon learned the perils of cleaning it. When I came to this house, experience had been a good teacher. I knew I wanted gas, and did some serious shopping to make it as easy to clean as possible. I ended up with a stainless steel cooktop and a very simple grid plate, to simplify the cleaning. I've loved it!! And would you believe, I've never had Boston Cream Pie! Your stew smells oh so good .... I always do mine in the crockpot, so I don't have to watch it, and I know it'll be perfect!

QNSue ... so nice to see the "we" word as the two of you work together with your new machine!! :D Looking forward to seeing the finished projects. Your Amish cookbook ... is it the "More With Less" book. It's a favourite of mine and a go to for delicious good ol' fashioned cooking!

MiraB ... My goodness ... look at your incredible quilting. So detailed, even in the narrow border. And so many different FMQ designs. Can't wait to see the whole thing! I can't help but wonder if you ever stop to breathe? :D

DublB ... ditto to MiraB's "if it's meant to happen, it will ...".
Good Luck tomorrow.

I ended up WORKing today ... and as I did so, I did laundry, baked, etc.
I'll likely be heading out of town tomorrow for a few days ... partly WORK, partly play!
So if you think I am AWOL .... you now know why, in case I forget to say it later! :D