Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 05-25-2013 12:36 PM

Thank you all my dear friends :)

QNS, the hospital started a diary from the day they were born, some nurses took pictures and put them in the diary, some made drawings and wrote about the twins, how they were doing, how much they cared for them.
And yes, I gave them a big hug from all of you!
My DDIL started a photo album and I have all the pictures on my computer. I printed quite a few of them to hang on my walls in the living room so I can see them all day every day :)

QuiltE 05-25-2013 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Time to Celebrate!!!! :D ... we just crossed the 4000 marker for our posts on this thread!

Now Ladies, please put your thinking caps on .... The local Fair is having a Sampler Block Challenge. The blocks get judged at this year's fair the week after next, and then they will be made into a Fundraiser Sampler Quilt for next year's Fair. The fabric on the left must be used for the background. The other fabric is to be in each block, and we can add any other fabrics we choose. Unfinished size 12-1/2".

The other "hitch" is that the blocks are to represent the 2014 Fair Theme of "Cowbells and Carousels". That's where I am drawing a blank as to what block pattern to use and what fabrics to add. Any and All suggestions are welcome! Please? and Thanks!!! (and no, I do not want to do applique!)

Anael 05-25-2013 12:39 PM

No picture

QuiltE 05-25-2013 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6084783)
No picture

It's there now ... I think ... it seems lately, whenever I try to post a pic, it puts it as the attachment, that none of you can see. So then I have to backtrack to the longer process in Go Advanced. Another one coming up.

Anael 05-25-2013 12:41 PM

Now I see the picture :) I'll never understand how this board works :(

Anael 05-25-2013 12:43 PM

How many blocks are you going to make? just one or more? I love the fabrics.

QuiltE 05-25-2013 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tis the Season ... another Block Challenge.
This one is to celebrate 100 years of 4-H in Canada! The block is to represent our 4-H Memories ... 12-1/2" unfinished; all 3 fabrics must be used somewhere (doesn't matter); can add more fabrics as choose.

This should be a good one for OKSGlad ... and is there anyone else with green blood!!! (other than moi)

QuiltE 05-25-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6084793)
How many blocks are you going to make? just one or more? I love the fabrics.

They are nice fabrics ... the one on the right really makes it a challenge, for sure!
Both challenges, are just to make one block.
Though, if I have extra fabric, I might make a 2nd.

Anael 05-25-2013 12:51 PM

Carousels like the ones with the horses? The ones that go round and round and round?

What means 4-H?

QuiltingNinaSue 05-25-2013 01:09 PM

4-H is a youth group....Heart, Hands, ??? that does projects with animals., etc., and they show them at Fairs. Also keep records on costs, etc.