Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 06-04-2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6104130)
Dublb, if you download from the net, please email me on how???? Curz stick did not download the first program first??? Need an outline of a guitar...concert...that works with the Deco 340.

First I know that ya have ta register the Deco w/Berninia & ya need ta run the designs through the Berninia websight. They all have ta be ART. Other than that I haven't figured it out yet.

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6104385)
OKsewglad, I like QNS's suggestion for your quilt but I'd love to see a cow outline in crazy colors! What a fun quilt that would be.

Carrie, I'm doing my Christmas Rosie. It's only 12 blocks (odd size to fit on back of couch). Thought I'd start with the smaller one and work my way to the larger batik one. Thanks all for your suggestions and encouragement on the FMQ; my friends laugh and tell me I'm too anal to FMQ. I think they're right.

Have an interesting FART on Saturday. We're going to a fabric outlet. Have any of you ever been to one? I checked their website and they show name brand fabrics. Wonder about the quality of the fabric--would it be seconds? I need backing for 2 projects so I hope it's okay. It will be fun no matter what. And then I'll have to FMQ some more projects--oh no!!!! LOL.

First ya can FMQ! Start doodelin' durrin' all your free time. The class I took had us zig-zag from left ta right, about an inch wide, move over & do it again. Somethin' about that seemed ta give me the control that I needed. When I practice it I do that first & away I go. I want ta point out that I don't draw very well, but can do some very nice simple designs. I'm learnin' ta doodle a bit now too. :) Stipple is way over my head. I have ta have a design.

dublb 06-04-2013 06:31 PM

Anael I've been prayin' off & on all day for the Isa taday.

mercysland* 06-04-2013 06:38 PM

Hi All,

You are wonderful for making a quilt show for me, but I really had to laugh. I asked where to find the quilts about 1 1/2 weeks ago or so (?), and I finally found my post 25 pages back! LOL You all have the best community here!! I'm having a great time seeing them, but as usual, I'm behind :) and it will take me awhile to catch up. But what fun I will have doing it!

Anael--Great Day Care Quilt! I'm glad the children are getting a good use of it.

Carriem--I loved your Medallion Daybed quilt. I'm sure that it looks wonderful in your room.

Mirabelle--Thanks for showing both of your quilts; I especially liked the American Rose fabric for the Pony Club.

The Quilt Show continues... Did I tell you how blessed I am? :)

dublb 06-04-2013 07:12 PM

Hey Mercyland! I was outta town when ya were here a week & a half ago. I'm havin' a hard time catchin' up myself. :) I'm so glad ta see ya here. I only have about 30 blocks done but did finish one more at my retreat! :) I messed up & bought my fabric before my book came in & choose patriotic fabric. I'm makin' several subistute blocks. I can't tell ya how much I have learned while makin' this quilt & will continue ta learn as I slowly complete it. Thank ya so much for teachin' me so much. :)

oksewglad 06-04-2013 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Laurie!! Now you know why we have to keep track of this thread on a daily basis!!

Yes I like the crazy cow idea too, but have come up with a very sedate table runner with a little twist. The border fabric was gifted to me from another crazy cow lady it has a cream background with a Holstein cow as well as other dairy items in reds and blacks. The barn is from the Quilty Barn sew along project from

http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/...-tutorial.html

I modified an EQ schoolhouse block to fit the 14" block format that the barn is in. Oh the cruel twist is the small 6 1/2" blocks are contrary wife and contrary husband!!!!! I know both my friends have their ups and downs like any other married couple (thinking of another 47 yo marriage!) so makes a perfect pair don't you think?
I choose the 8 point star for the corner blocks as they have eight children. May change the star to a plain 8 point as these are 4" blocks. Will finish 23 x 41[ATTACH=CONFIG]417212[/ATTACH]
Think I will put a cow fabric in the center of the barn mini quilt.

mirabelle 06-04-2013 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mercysland it is us that are blessed to have you to create such beautiful quilts for us to make.

I just have 3 more rounds of the Courthouse Steps blocks and I can start putting my DS's quilt together, hopefully will have something to show on the weekend.

I am spending Friday night with DD so won't be home until after lunch on Saturday.

Have just finished portioning up the Pea and Ham Soup and it tastes so gooooddd.. that will earn me brownie points with DH, its his favourite soup.

Anael 06-04-2013 10:45 PM

Thank you all my dear friends. Today's the day. I didn't hear from my DS yet, they're on their way to hospital. I hope he will call once the procedure is done.

mirabelle 06-04-2013 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another finish....

Whilst it is not a quilt I have been working on it for the past few months and it has kept my fingers busy at night. This is for DD and I will give it to her on the weekend. DS already has his.

Now to finish the binding on my lap quilt...

carriem 06-05-2013 03:42 AM

OK--I like the layout you came up with for your friends. Good use of the different blocks to represent the family.

Karen--yummy soup and warm afghan. My great-grandma taught me to crochet. I've done lots of scarves and then tiny lace for trimming clothing, handkerchiefs. She made all of the GGKs afghans like that with the zig-zag; it is still holding up well.

Anael--still praying for Isa...and those of you waiting.

Off to work today...

mirabelle 06-05-2013 04:18 AM

I am staying an extra night with DD so am leaving first thing in the morning and won't be home until Saturday, will catch up on all the news then.

Football news, we lost the first game (one eyed ref) but two more to be played yet...

Carriem I still have afghan rugs I made more than 20 years ago, I have a beautiful rose one that I don't use that much and I made a pansy one but I sent that to a friend in Hungary.. my hands ache too much now to do too much.