Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-07-2013 05:33 AM

Dd goes through my refrigerator and pantry looking at expiration dates and 'cleans' out everything 'expired' in both, throwing it into the garbage, even if it is unopened...everything time she comes visiting. And makes a 'big' deal from my lack of 'good housekeeping' even if it is a small little little dark spot on the back side of my john. Or if the guest bedroom is 'too' cluttered with boxes (from quilting room). She seems to 'forget' that it is my house and my life here.
I love her dearly, but, she needs to come visit ME.

And when Dh said he would do the dishes every other day, the odd dates on the calendar, I said "Ok" but he forgets what day or date it is. Unless he has made a big mess of the kitchen, I just smile and clean it up anymore.

Honchey 07-07-2013 08:06 AM

Oh how I hate when DH decides to "pick up" or "clear out"....I totally understand Ladies how you feel...") I hate when he tells me "You haven't used this in years"!!!

JeanieG 07-07-2013 10:15 AM

Oh I know the feeling. If only they would ASK if you still want something, not just assume! So frustrating to go get something and it is not there any more! And I'm not a keeper of lots of stuff!

Honchey 07-07-2013 11:28 AM

I'm almost done with my July MB....I'm so tickled it's coming out so cute!!!! I can't wait to take a photo...(I bought a new camera so I KNOW I won't have a problem with it)...so I can get the "approval" form Anael...

carriem 07-07-2013 11:38 AM

QNS--we (my sisters and I) do the same thing to my mom (checking expiration dates), but she doesn't cook other than the bare min. and we don't go looking for things...it is just we do the cooking when there so check dates on things before using them in a recipe. We try to look inconspicuously so she doesn't notice though. Sometimes we throw things out, but make sure she knows it so she can replace.

Honchey 07-07-2013 12:14 PM

I can't believe I what I just did!!!!! I cut off at the seamline instead of the trim line...I have to redo one of the sections of the square....I have never done this before... Now I know it's time to walk away for awhile....I think I'll make myself a drink!!!!:)

mirabelle 07-07-2013 02:02 PM

Ggal just make sure he doesn't go into your sewing room:D:D it is the opposite here, I am the thrower outerer, I don't like a lot of "stuff" around me, but DH could easily turn into a hoarder if I didn't "accidentally" move his stuff, he has told me that I am not allowed to touch anything in his store room but I have to go in there cause that is where our drinks fridge is, so of course while there ?????? I am not admitting to anything, lets just say he really doesn't know what he has:D:D

Now I have to have a shower and got to the Post Office to send my MB on its merry way, where will it land??? Have a great day everyone, I have finished one baby quilt completely and another is half quilted, my shoulder does not hurt, my shoulder does not hurt, my shoulder does not hurt

Honchey 07-07-2013 02:35 PM

Hi, I just finished the July MB... Would you ladies like to have the rest of the list ?... I finished it...Some of you overachievers I know would like to have the list...Let me know...

QuiltingNinaSue 07-07-2013 02:45 PM

Mirabelle, take care of yourself, please. You are so talented in what you achieve, and create wondrous beauty for the world to see.

How many more months have we to go, Honchey, before you have to come up with another idea to 'bind' us together again so we can continue onward? It has been so much fun every month seeing everyone's MB.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-07-2013 02:48 PM

Oh, another baby hatched, so now we have seven little guineas in the box from this hatch. Dh complained that the old hen pecked him when he took the little hatched guinea, and I said 'She's a good Mama!':thumbup: