Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 01-17-2013 04:22 AM

3 inch will do, even 4 inch. I know I don't have anymore of the same. Binding can't be the same. I could do a 3 inch with the blue and the final border in WOW, same as the HST blocks. Oh well, it's pinned on my board here so I can look all day :D

I don't mind driving to the hospital, it's over an hour but that's ok. I feel so sorry for my DGS who has to be without his mom for so long.

Sleep well Mirabelle!

gardnergal970 01-17-2013 05:45 AM

Anael...I agree with Mirabelle. Having your DDIL in the hospital has to take some of the worry away just knowing that she has such immediate care. Maybe DGS can spend a little more time with DGM for the loving he needs. My DDIL had a troubled last pregnancy and had some kind of monitor she wore during the last few months. It was good she could be home with her daughter but still so much worry because she still had to keep the family going and did things she probably shouldn't have. My DS was a truck driver then and couldn't be there. It was such a relief when she finally delivered a healthy baby boy! I love the setting of your quilt. Where did you get the chain blocks? I have blocks that I need to put together but haven't been satisfied with anything I've tried. This might work.
dubib...you have a cheering section here while you learn your new craft. Lots of tips from experience!
Quilte...don't let the new stuff intimidate you. You'll soon have it purring like a kitten.
More PC blocks to quilt and join today. I'm getting excited to get it done.

Anael 01-17-2013 06:32 AM

Thanks GG and yes, she's better off this way. Any infection could cause an early delivery so that's the main reason she has to stay in hospital. Mu DGS is at her parents, he has all he needs there. He used to go there two days a week when my DDIL was working so he's used to that. I can't look after him as he still needs too much care which I can't provide :(

What do you mean where did I get the chain blocks? All HST's are 6.5" unfinished so the chain blocks are 12.5" unfinished. I copied the lay out from a quilt I saw and I loved it! So it's not my own design;)

carriem 01-17-2013 07:06 AM

Anael--thanks for the update on DDIL. I really like your quilt top. I like the idea of a narrow border and then a wide one...maybe use the darker blue as a "stopping point" and then add a pieced border...maybe piano keys, or just squares of the various colors in your quilt? Maybe alternate with your WOW?

I got an email this morning with a tutorial doing a similar thing as your did around your blocks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsAz...ature=youtu.be

Anael 01-17-2013 07:29 AM

Thanks for the link carrie! If I knew more about my EQ 5 I could play with the lay-out! It's an easy connecting block and there are so many possibilities.

Don't you think a pieced border is too busy? I like the idea of the darker blue as a small border and one of the other colours as the final border. If I don't do mittered corners I can use the blue as the small one.

QuiltE 01-17-2013 07:48 AM

Thanks for all your computer well-wishes, Ladies!
Truth be known, I've been pulling out my hair some! :D
I wish when you got these updates, they'd wave a magic wand so you'd find out what the updates are ... and how the old habits mess things up! Believe me, I'm finding that out ... unfortunately in most cases don't have a clue as to the "why" of it all.

Sooooooo ..... anyone with Outlook 2010 or Windows 7.0, if you have any tips and hints, please do share!
And I haven't even started to think about Word yet! :)

CarrieM .... whew! good thing you have your BBs done!!!! Your other BBs (Buttercup Babies) will be a fun project to work on, for sure! Great gift idea for your friends!

Anael ... Sadly DDIL is in the hospital, though that's good news as she'll be constantly monitored and the best that can be done for those wee ones will be done. Take ♥, here's another good news stories ... I have two friends who had babies so small ... one is now a rambunctious girl at 4 yo, the other is almost 2 yo, also a girl! Here's hoping your kitty's problems get diagnosed and onto a recovery plan today. Lovely quilt ... I often remember exactly what was happening in my life when I look at a quilt later! Do you have more of the blue for your border .... or what about an assortment of narrow borders using the fabrics in the quilt. I would normally suggest a piano key border, but think it`d take away from the centre of the quilt .... though what about a postage stamp border of the assorted fabrics ... I think that could work as it would give a mosaic effect and help to frame it up (leave out the whites here).

Question MarksÉ ... OK, looks like my computerÉ or keyboardÉ is talking French!!! Thus why all the missing question marks in my notes to Anael. And here, everytime you see É you can read that as a É. Anyone know how to make that conversionÉ
Chris Hadfield ... OK, my Canadian brag time ... just listening to him talk from space to kids at the Public School named after him, not far from here. They had him playing his guitar a little while ago. I am still amazed how "down to earth" (yes, pun intended!) he is in all his interviews. The photos they've been sending back are absolutely amazing too!

DublB ... I know NOTHING about your new machine and wish you well with it. My suggestion though, is to get it out and do LOTS on it. Get pretty familiar with it before you go for that 10 hours of class(es) with it. That way, you can be over the first hump of being overwhelmed and be really ready to absorb. You'll have lots of why not and how do I questions ready for them. If you've developed any bad habits or wrong steps, they'll catch those and you can adapt them, and yes, perhaps like a kid ask whyyyyyy? or say, but I don't want to!!! Looks like you timed your BB completion just right .... perhaps there were some hints dropped to DDDDH?

QuiltE 01-17-2013 08:51 AM

??
Weird?
I went back and sent a couple of emails and the ? was working
So just came back to check and see if it was here ... and now it is.

So you can ignore that question! :)

Anael 01-17-2013 09:15 AM

LOL we will ignore your questions QuiltE as it seems you find everything out yourself.
What do you want to know about Windows 7? Any specific questions?

About the border: I really really dislike tiny pieces so a postage stamp border is out of the question. I like the thought of the assortment of borders using the fabrics in the quilt and a final border, maybe in the same blue I used in the HSTs.

carriem 01-17-2013 11:36 AM

Just had to let everyone know, the mailman was just here and I got a package....from Canada!!

QuiltE...great blocks and I love the telephone fabric! I have never seen anything like that...thanks!

Anael 01-17-2013 12:31 PM

LOL QuiltE, yours arrived before mine did!