Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club week 23 Home Treasures & Ice Cream Bowl Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-23-home-treasures-ice-cream-bowl-photo-page-t191609.html)

Honchey 06-12-2012 07:00 PM

The FWS Pony Club week 23 Home Treasures & Ice Cream Bowl Photo Page

The halfway mark is here and I'm almost done with Ice Cream Bowl..I can't believe I pieced 4 blocks this week...I hope it's a sign of more catching up!!!! Show your stuff girls...I mean blocks :) ! H.

carriem 06-12-2012 07:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got two blocks done for this week. I liked how Home Treasures turned out.

I substituted ICB with Gladie's Mariners Compass. The "white" in this block is more cream than it looks. This block took a long time to put together, but I am happy I kept at it!

Thanks Gladie for the pattern and just so you know I ended up using version #2 (yours) for assembly...the other one had too many "y-seams"!

mirabelle 06-13-2012 03:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are mine for this week, hope you like them

QuiltE 06-13-2012 04:14 AM

CarrieM ... two spectacular blocks! And I really do like Gladie's Star! Great choices there to make the star shine brightly!

MiraB .. as always two soft and feminine beauties

janRN 06-13-2012 04:19 AM

Beautiful blocks, ladies. Carriem is that an orangish fabric? No matter, it's lovely and I really like Gladie's star. Good job on both.
Mirab, oh so pretty. Your blocks make me think of an English flower garden, so soft but vibrant.

deranged_damsel 06-13-2012 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here are mine for this week, fresh off the machine :D

I want to replace Indian on horseback with another block, but havent been able to find inspiration..... until last night!

my Son told me that there was a snake in his room, I dismissed it immediately because I figured him being a joker was trying to get out of going to bed..... SO about an hour later I was turning out the lights and saw a slithering tail go under my bedroom door... I peeked in to see the tail go under my bed!!! so after I stopped screaming! Dh Son came and fished it out from under there! it was a 16inch baby Gopher snake. SO I think I want to make a Snake block for next week, maybe it will bring me good luck so I dont have any more REAL snakes in my house ~~fingers crossed~~

Honchey 06-13-2012 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Ladies, 38 Flavors coming your way!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-13-2012 10:23 AM

Beautiful colors, beautiful work ladies. Well done.

janRN 06-13-2012 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DD those are the prettiest blocks--I love the fabric you used.
Anne, all I can say is "yum"--reminds me of sprinkles on vanilla ice cream. You both have such perfect points.

Here are mine for this week:[ATTACH=CONFIG]341854[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 06-13-2012 02:41 PM

Honchey ... too funny about the 38 flavours ... and what a great take-off on the block!

DDamsel ... ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!! I don't think I could have slept after that!!! And would be slithering everytime I see a snake block after that! As for this week's blocks, I'll just <sigh> pleasantly and enjoy your introduction of the greys to your blues. Will blend together really nice.

JanRN ... beautiful for both. Great FC FlutterBye! and mmmmmm would that be black cherry ice cream?