Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 18 Flying Clouds & Friendship Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-18-flying-clouds-friendship-star-photo-page-t188383.html)

mirabelle 05-10-2012 03:17 AM

Thanks everyone, I love to see everyones blocks each week, how different they all look, great work, yes we are all getting better at these darn Y seams, and more to come

gardnergal970 05-10-2012 04:28 AM

JanRN...you have mastered all those things you would have avoided 6 months ago. Really well done, beautiful blocks.
QNSue...I've modified where I can have fewer seams too. With the FC, I liked the checkered look but I did it by sewing strips of the alternating colors together, pressing well and cutting into the correct width.

Thanks all for your kind comments. You are all so very encouraging

QuiltE 05-11-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5205449)
Ggal great blocks--I love the fabric in Friendship Star.

Here are mine. Paper piecing, fussy cutting, and Y-seams (oh my!). Six months ago I'd have passed by these blocks. Yinz have all encouraged me and taught me to do all these things. Ok, so I cheated and re-drafted Friendship Star to avoid the y-seams.

JanRN ... you nailed those perfectly! Everything about them ... colours, contrasts, FC, PP!! How brilliant with your star fabric within the FStar as it really makes it sparkle forth.

Termi 05-12-2012 07:02 AM

What beautiful blocks all.

anael, what great cowboy fabric. Nice job of FC.

QuiltingNinaSue, again your creativity shines. Flying clouds looks amazing! Love all the different fabrics in FS, especially the girl with pigtails. Great job on both!

mirabelle, oh such beautiful blocks and such nice work!

QuiltE, your FC makes me feel like I'm up in the sky. FS is just so cute! Great job on both. Love the blue sashing.

JeanieG, very pretty shades of blue you used in FC. I really like your FS. I can still see the star AND the block looks so different. Amazing how that happens. Nice job on both!

Gardnergal970, your FS reminds me of a beautiful field of wild flowers. FC looks just great, very pretty. I too had to keep my eye on which fabric went where.

JanRN, love the blue and white you used in FC, one of my favorite color combos, and great fussy cutting. The stars really are beaming in FS. Great job on both. I don't blame you about those dang Y seams.

My flying clouds is done and hope to have friendship star done today. Will post then.

deranged_damsel 05-12-2012 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here they are :D

QuiltingNinaSue 05-12-2012 09:10 AM

DD love your blue colors.

Thanks Termi, for your kind words.

QuiltE 05-12-2012 10:11 AM

DDamsel ... another great pair!! Well done on the check within the tiny blocks. The beige in the FS print adds nicely to the mix and oh how that navy/white barbed wire pops the star out!

Termi ... they were fun to do. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pair when you are ready!

JeanieG 05-12-2012 10:36 AM

Deranged Damsel - those blocks turned out beautiful. Especially like the dark blue in FS, wish my "star" had stood out in mine!

Termi 05-12-2012 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
deranged_damsel, wow, beautiful blocks, nice job!

ok, I'm ready to leave these two blocks behind and go on to the next two.

QuiltE 05-12-2012 12:49 PM

Nicely done Termi!! ... Corners look all pointy and squared.
And look at those Lil Cowpokes and Indians a'singing and a'playin' along! :) A fun fabric for sure!!! :)