Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 44 Verna Belle's Favorite & Village School House Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-44-verna-belles-favorite-village-school-house-photo-page-t205291.html)

deranged_damsel 11-07-2012 12:11 PM

as always... BEAUTIFUL Blocks Ladies!!! :D

well come to find out that my camera is NOT broken! both of my USB ports quit working! SIGH....... I will have to borrow a computer to post the rest I guess.

ANNE! good to see you ;)

gardnergal970 11-07-2012 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Honchey...a big welcome back! I see the snow is coming down for both you and Jan. Stay warm.
Jan...I love how you've quilted your blocks. I saw your Steelers quilt and am so glad that you're getting a little more comfortable with your new toy What fun you must be having.
QNS...Your little puppy looks so "knowledgeable" from his time at school.:o And the pony peaking through...I almost missed him. I like you you altered the color placement around the points. Makes perfect sense and adds to the radiating lines of the star. Beautiful.
Mirabelle...your scraps are lasting. Nice not to have too much left over.
Carrie...nice balance in your block.
Here are mine. I didn't bail on Verna Belle. After doing the Tumbling Block, I was feeling a little daring and found it pretty easy. My school house door doesn't show up well but you can see the lights are on in the windows![ATTACH=CONFIG]375261[/ATTACH]

janRN 11-07-2012 02:40 PM

I love both blocks, Ggal, but I'm really drawn to your School House. You're right--it looks like lights in the windows. Very nice blocks. (And you are braver than me to do Verna LOL).

QuiltingNinaSue 11-07-2012 04:58 PM

Neat and well done blocks GG; yes, Jeanie the background in VSH may look familiar...a wonderful PC rider sent it to me....I wonder who that was??? It was so much fun exchanging and sending fabric pieces!!

Goodness, I have a whole big box of scraps left...but I know who is getting every piece that will put it to good use... but has anyone heard from OksewGlad lately?? QuiltE is off on her trip for two weeks...itis getting to be that busy time of the year, I guess.

dublb 11-07-2012 05:54 PM

When I was lookin' thru the book I had decided that I didn't like Verna, but ya'll have changed my mind. I will do this block after all. :)
I'm goin' on another retreat tamarrow & won't be back till Mon or Tues. (I'll probably be drivin' all day Mon.)

JeanieG 11-07-2012 07:02 PM

Have a wonderful time at your retreat dublb! We will miss you!

dublb 11-07-2012 07:13 PM

Aww, Thanks. I might be able ta git online while there. We were just told they might have it. I'm gonna take my computer just in case. (Of course I might not even crack it open. :) )

mirabelle 11-07-2012 07:44 PM

Have fun on the retreat Bev, hope you get lots accomplished

dublb 11-07-2012 08:42 PM

I'm thinkin' that I might git a few things done for Project Linus. Then a I hope ta git caught up on a few other things so that I can make my bonus blocks when I git back home. I've got the fabric & I got a plan. :)

carriem 11-09-2012 06:43 AM

Ggal--I really like your blocks...great contrast and love the "lights shining". :)

dublb--Have a great time at your retreat! I don't have another one until March. I do have a day planned the end of November who is taking some time off work, so that will be nice.

I am very excited to report that I have my fabrics for my bonus blocks AND have chosen the block!! I can't wait to get started next week. :)