Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page Week 12 Blocks 23 & 24 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-discussion-page-week-12-blocks-23-24-a-t71154.html)

Honchey 10-19-2010 06:11 PM

Hi All, I have started to PP these blocks. I have finished # 23 but #24 is still in pieces. I got the little squares all mixed up. Oh well, I hope to get it done tonite. Anne

Suzanne57 10-19-2010 07:37 PM

I'm still working on 24 too. I finally got a job and training is exhausting me. I come home and don't feel like doing anything. But I will get caught up before next week. I drafted it in Quilt Assistant and clicked the paper piecing tab but it didn't do it right and I had to go back in and manually rename some of the pieces.

pookie ookie 10-19-2010 09:32 PM

I'm distracted by video game new releases. Good season.

I'm pp'ing, too. Thanks for starting these threads, Honchey.

Nanjun 10-20-2010 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
I'm distracted by video game new releases. Good season.

I'm pp'ing, too. Thanks for starting these threads, Honchey.

Where do you find the paper piecing patterns?

happymrs 10-20-2010 05:38 AM

Hi, I have started doing some of these too, & love them! I am piecing mine, but for those of you interested in pp, on the yahoo group for this, they have added the pp blocks to their files! So, join that group, lurk if you prefer & find the pp blocks! This is the site the author of the book is on too, in case you are interested!

Honchey 10-20-2010 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
I'm still working on 24 too. I finally got a job and training is exhausting me. I come home and don't feel like doing anything. But I will get caught up before next week. I drafted it in Quilt Assistant and clicked the paper piecing tab but it didn't do it right and I had to go back in and manually rename some of the pieces.

Suzanne, If you go to the FWS Yahoo site there is a Foundation PP file for all of the blocks. They can now be exchanged without any type of penalty. I now have EQ7 and don't even have to use it. All you have to do is download the # block you need--the work is already done for you. Isn't that great?

pookie ookie 10-20-2010 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or, you can make your own pp. I tend to make mine in larger pieces. It's like creating a puzzle you then get to play.

Definitely join the yahoo group if you haven't already. Good pix and info.

I keep making additional blocks in my FW fabrics. Here's my 4H bonus block. I also made a Scottie.

rwquilts 10-20-2010 10:01 AM

I just joined the Farmers Wife Sampler group on Yahoo and I must say, it was rather nice to just print out a block instead of first drawing it in EQ and then printing it out!

Honchey 10-20-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
I just joined the Farmers Wife Sampler group on Yahoo and I must say, it was rather nice to just print out a block instead of first drawing it in EQ and then printing it out!

DITTO !!! It was really VERY generous of Marianna Bergkamp to do this for the Yahoo Group and being able to download them is great--- saving soooo much time.
I just finished # 24--I was a little bothered that there wasn't enough contrast between 2 of the fabrics but after it was all together I was satisfied with it. Anne

Suzanne57 10-20-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Originally Posted by Suzanne57

Suzanne, If you go to the FWS Yahoo site there is a Foundation PP file for all of the blocks. They can now be exchanged without any type of penalty. I now have EQ7 and don't even have to use it. All you have to do is download the # block you need--the work is already done for you. Isn't that great?

Sure is! I had already redone it and have it about half done but I bookmarked the site for future blocks. I joined Yahoo when we first started the quilt.