Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 28 Blocks 55 & 56 Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-28-blocks-55-56-discussion-page-t98022.html)

Honchey 02-08-2011 07:34 PM

Hi Fellow Quilters, This week marks a milestone for our group--We have made it to the halfway mark---Hip Hip Hooray!!!
On another note, many of you know about Muriel's mishaps and there a a bunch of us that would like to do something for Muriel to help lift her spirits so she can get better sooner. Some of you may have sent cards and some would like to do more. We don't want to go overboard so I'm suggesting a 9" block of your choosing. She will be having alot of physical therapy after she heals so I don't think blocks smaller than the 9" would be a good idea. Muriel loves the color purple--not lavender--deep intense Jewel tone colors- ie: ruby red, sapphire blue, kelly green etc. Any suggestions on how to coordinate our efforts would be greatly appreciated. We do need to keep this in the Discussion thread. I will make note of it in the Photo page to please keep any discussion in this thread. Anne

grannyQ 02-08-2011 08:21 PM

I think this is a very good idea. As you know I sure have plenty of purple fabrics and would be willing to make one or more blocks for her.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-09-2011 06:21 AM

Me, too. Just let me know the details when they are decided.

rwquilts 02-09-2011 07:18 AM

I'm so sorry, but I haven't had time to really read a lot here, although I try and see all the blocks and make comments...what has happened with Muriel?

Honchey 02-09-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
I'm so sorry, but I haven't had time to really read a lot here, although I try and see all the blocks and make comments...what has happened with Muriel?

Both arms from the hand to elbow are in casts from a fall and ? I'm not sure from what else. two separate incidents. A few more weeks in the casts and then therapy. A

rwquilts 02-09-2011 08:52 AM

Oh my goodness! That must be so awful! I will be happy to make a 9" block...send it to you, or Muriel? Theme? I saw you have jewel tones, with dark purple...can we use a pattern from our 111 blocks here? LOL! In my EQ, I can change the size and make a 6 1/2" into a 9 1/2"...do you want to assign specifics or let it just be ramdom?

janRN 02-09-2011 08:58 AM

I can sew , still not supposed to type. Post details and I'll be happy to do a block.

deranged_damsel 02-09-2011 03:59 PM

I have jewel purple :D lets pick a theme and size :D

Evie 02-10-2011 08:40 AM

Hi, all. This isn't particularly related to this week's blocks, but thought I'd point you to Laurie Hird's blog for an update on her upcoming book, "Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt." She's doing a giveaway of seven first editions which you have to sign up for. I'd provide a link, but Admin says it's a no-no because entering for the giveaway asks you to provide first name/last initial and your general location. If you're interested, go to her web site and sign up. I did and got a personal response from Laurie in which she says she remembers when we started our FWS journey last August. She sent her congratulations and said to say "hi" to all of us doing this quilt.

Jagsd3 02-11-2011 08:34 AM

I would definetly be interested in doing a block or blocks, please post details when available.