Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 44 Blocks 87 & 88 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-44-blocks-87-88-photo-page-t127033.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 06-02-2011 11:05 AM

Thank you. The block patterns seem to "talk" to me. Love to garden, cook, and quilt and read good books. Right now, we are doing more work outside than inside. I do enjoy seeing the other blocks everyone is creating that are so perfect..loved doing this project with other wonderful quilters, and Anne advising us and encouraging us so much.

janRN 06-02-2011 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love everyone's blocks.

Blocks 87 & 88

violetsfarm 06-03-2011 04:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are mine for the Week 44. These stitched together pretty well.

Blcok 87 Star Gardner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205985[/ATTACH]

Block 88 Star of Hope
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205986[/ATTACH]

violetsfarm 06-03-2011 04:45 AM

Deranged damsel - Your blocks are beautiful. I really liked these blocks also.

rwquilts 06-03-2011 06:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love the blocks you've all made! I must say...this week's blocks should have been a breeze to make but I just wasn't on my game for some reason...kept making mistakes and then I realize the first block doesn't have enough contrast and then I put the wrong main color on the second block...sigh...

Anne did you notice that the Farmer's Wife foundation block for #88 has it made with more half square triangles than what's in the book? We have five to a side instead of four...go figure!

I'm not thrilled with what I did, but I'm not going to re-do these...

Star Gardener
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206019[/ATTACH]

Star of Hope
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206020[/ATTACH]

Marysewfun 06-03-2011 08:13 AM

I think they all are so neat - I am just starting so this is definitely inspiration!

Honchey 06-03-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
I love the blocks you've all made! I must say...this week's blocks should have been a breeze to make but I just wasn't on my game for some reason...kept making mistakes and then I realize the first block doesn't have enough contrast and then I put the wrong main color on the second block...sigh...

Anne did you notice that the Farmer's Wife foundation block for #88 has it made with more half square triangles than what's in the book? We have five to a side instead of four...go figure!

I'm not thrilled with what I did, but I'm not going to re-do these...

Yes, I mentioned it in last week's discussion page and also on the Yahoo Group. There's a wealth of info we've gleaned from the Yahoo group and I'm not knocking them But I feel we have more of a friendship kind of comaraderie going on than they do and I'm so glad of it. Anne

mirabelle 06-03-2011 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my next two blocks. I sewed all day yesterday to try and get ahead on this project, but only managed 3 extra blocks, oh well that gives me breathing space for the next week .
Now back to the machine, I have to finish a charity quilt this weekend
It will be sad when we finish this quilt, but I will definitely be looking for another project on the QB.
Everyones blocks look great :thumbup:

Star Gardener
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206194[/ATTACH]

Star of Hope
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206195[/ATTACH]

Evie 06-05-2011 09:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
As always, I'm enjoying everyone's blocks. The colors and combinations are inspiring! Although I don't always get the points done right, I love HSTs. Here are mine for the week.

Block 87 -- Star Gardener
[ATTACH=CONFIG]207067[/ATTACH]

Block 88 -- Star of Hope
[ATTACH=CONFIG]207068[/ATTACH]

rwquilts 06-05-2011 10:28 AM

Evie and Mirabelle, your blocks are sooo pretty!