Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 50 Blocks 99 & 100 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-50-blocks-99-100-photo-page-t137148.html)

violetsfarm 07-14-2011 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Thanks Violet. How are yours coming.

I just love all the different fabrics everyone has used. I guess we all have a stash, right? I haven't really seen too many duplicates. Each one is prettier than the last. Look at us--#100!!

I have to admit it is getting harder and harder to be creative with my stash. I am almost finished with the blocks.

QuiltE 07-14-2011 05:10 AM

Thanks Violet. How are yours coming? I have 3 sets of 3 rows sewn together with the sashing & cornerstones. I have 3 more rows to sew together then I have to figure out how to attach the backing and then sew the sections together. Still thinking on that. Suggestions?

I just love all the different fabrics everyone has used. I guess we all have a stash, right? I haven't really seen too many duplicates. Each one is prettier than the last. Look at us--#100!!

Time to show us an update of your sewn section!! :)

Me?? ... too much happening in life and work and no FWSQ progress! I know when I started this in May, I wasn't trying to catch up with you lovelies, though I had hoped to get more done. I'll do the Year Two plan! :)

deranged_damsel 07-14-2011 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here are mine for the week :D

janRN 07-14-2011 10:23 AM

DD love how you used the plaid--really makes that block different from all the others. Love your hand piecing.
Gosh I love the colors everyone chose for these blocks.

mirabelle 07-14-2011 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
RW quilts - Your blocks are really nice. I like your fabric.
Mirabelle, where did you find your fabrics for Block 100. Great job.

Hi Violet
The background fabric is a piece of Robert Kaufman Fusions, the brown is a Julie Rothermel and the blue just seemed to go with it
:P :P
I am reaaaally struggling with fabric choices for these last few blocks. It seems the closer we get to the finish line the choice of fabric is getting smaller

rwquilts 07-15-2011 06:49 AM

RW quilts - Your blocks are really nice. I like your fabric.
Mirabelle, where did you find your fabrics for Block 100. Great job.

TY! I love what everyone is doing!

deranged_damsel 07-15-2011 05:33 PM

DD love how you used the plaid--really makes that block different from all the others. Love your hand piecing.
Gosh I love the colors everyone chose for these blocks.

thanks Jan :D
I love it when I get the stripes or plaids to match up, it is so eye catching
on the other block tho... sigh! the print is going the wrong direction on those pesky little triangles :roll:

JeanieG 07-16-2011 05:39 PM

Thanks Violet. How are yours coming.

I have to admit it is getting harder and harder to be creative with my stash. I am almost finished with the blocks.

I've added some new fabric the last few weeks. I figure I'll have enough and will scatter them around and no one will know that it was not in the original group. I've taken some liberties and not followed the placement of the colors in some of mine. Just running out of my original fabric!

JeanieG 07-16-2011 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my Block 99 and 100

mirabelle 07-16-2011 06:16 PM

I love your Weathervane block JeanieG, it look great.