Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 27, BR5, J6, J2, L4 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-week-27-br5-j6-j2-l4-t52450.html)

Lacelady 07-02-2010 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The tri has lots of diamonds, but at least you don't have to line up the points with each other, though it is a bit tricky to make each row.

J6 is nice and straighforward, and shouldn't pose any problems.
J2, narrow strips, but PPing takes care of this.
L4, another one with narrow strips, but as above, should be OK.

These are the first set I have shown you where they are quilted. All the rest will be like that now.

As I said recently, get this week done, and you will officially be over half way with your blocks. Congratulations!

dakotamaid 07-02-2010 10:29 AM

WOW! Following you "Janers" is awesome. All the blocks are so wonderful. Keep it up. :thumbup:

ann clare 07-02-2010 10:35 AM

Love the blocks and colors.

sandpat 07-02-2010 04:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Woohoo!! Lesley, I really like looking at yours all quilted. It makes it seem more "complete" if you know what I mean. You are right, this week is pretty straightforward..meaning...another easy week for all of us!!

This was the 30th time I made the L4 block. URG!!! I officially am sick of it! I made 11 of them and then discovered that the red I used bled...so started over and made 18 of them..all for the Christmas Jane swap....so this one was #30. I think I could do it with my eyes closed.

This week's blocks all go together fairly easily if you take your time. I'm posting this week's, then the entire "group" since next week is a break.

week 27
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83397[/ATTACH]

"Group" for the last 6 weeks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83398[/ATTACH]

Lacelady 07-03-2010 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Woohoo!! Lesley, I really like looking at yours all quilted. It makes it seem more "complete" if you know what I mean. You are right, this week is pretty straightforward..meaning...another easy week for all of us!!

This was the 30th time I made the L4 block. URG!!! I officially am sick of it! I made 11 of them and then discovered that the red I used bled...so started over and made 18 of them..all for the Christmas Jane swap....so this one was #30. I think I could do it with my eyes closed.

This week's blocks all go together fairly easily if you take your time. I'm posting this week's, then the entire "group" since next week is a break.

Patti, 30 of L4 - I think you deserve a medal for that - did you pick out that block? I think I would have chosen an easier/quicker one if I was having to do them in bulk and give them away.

Nevertheless, I think your set look great, and you are the first to post for this week, so well done, and you never need to make another L4 again!

sandpat 07-03-2010 06:21 AM

Oh...thank goodness for that Lesley!! I seriously considered substituting another block for it this time! Then I thought, nooo..bite the bullet and just blow through it.

I am now officially on break week. I have a couple more IRR's to do in the Jane down time though..so busy, busy!

wilhelmina 07-03-2010 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lesley, as always your blocks are pretty...perfect!

Patti, I love your blocks because you play with fabric combinations that are amazing and surprising! When your quilt is done it will be eye candy! :)

Here is Week 27 and a second pic with the group Weeks 22-27.

:D Ready for the break!

Week 27
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82869[/ATTACH]

Weeks 22-27
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82886[/ATTACH]

sandpat 07-03-2010 05:35 PM

Meredith...I'm in love with your group! It is so clean and neat looking...I have to admit that mine is looking a bit wild!!

wilhelmina 07-03-2010 05:58 PM

Patti...No.no.no not wild, fearless!!! :) I love that, you just might be starting something. ;) Your groups are not really scrappy either because you have a large selection of fabrics that all work well together.

I guess, we are not listing groups this time on a separate thread?

My DH told me today that I have put a lot of effort (he means time) into this project. :roll:

Janstar 07-03-2010 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 27.

Week 27.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83010[/ATTACH]