Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Week 4 - H4, F7, H3, A9, LS10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-sew-week-4-h4-f7-h3-a9-ls10-t34651.html)

Butterflyspain 01-22-2010 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
I managed one more block today and thanks to Lesley and 'that quilt', I made it! I hope the Y seams get as easy as PP did!! 'That quilt' does'nt have a tute for F9. Any suggestions anyone??

I am doing mine by applique using the paper to fold the material over. I snip the points of the leaf shapes and that makes for better points. Once you do that baste the material round the paper. I sew mine on the white fabric with invisible thread. Then I take the basting out, and cut the back out of each shape, less bulk this way. Hope that helps.

Janstar 01-22-2010 05:02 PM

Thanks Elle, I'll try that. Please tell Izy 'hi' for me. I'm so excited she's joining us in the Jane S. quilt!

Esqmommy 01-22-2010 05:27 PM

I managed one more block today and thanks to Lesley and 'that quilt', I made it! I hope the Y seams get as easy as PP did!! 'That quilt' does'nt have a tute for F9. Any suggestions anyone??

We aren't doing F9 for week 4...did you mean A9? Or F7? Or is that one you're doing on your own to work ahead?

Janstar 01-22-2010 11:07 PM

Yes ESQ, I'm trying to keep ahead a ways because my work schedule is so irradic[sp]. I've been skipping over some of the applique ones because I'm not good at it and they are going to hit me all at once. I'm going to try F9 tomarrow with Elle's suggestion.

retrogirl02 01-22-2010 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wouldn't you know the eye block is the one the iron rusted?? grr! Luckily, I have 2 sizes of mini irons...they'll keep me going while I check out new ones :D

Janstar 01-22-2010 11:55 PM

I just love the colors in your blocks Retro! They hit me just right and I said "Oh how pretty!"

Butterflyspain 01-23-2010 12:43 AM

Thanks Elle, I'll try that. Please tell Izy 'hi' for me. I'm so excited she's joining us in the Jane S. quilt!

Will do Janstar, have given her the first 9 weeks of patterns. She said, "wow Elle, there were a lot of patterns there, how many more are there" LOL So I told her, havenīt heard from her think she might have fainted
:D

bearpaw 01-23-2010 05:58 AM

Very pretty Retro!! Too bad about the iron stain. I am not looking forward to doing that block!

sandpat 01-23-2010 06:15 AM

Retro...those are really pretty!

retrogirl02 01-23-2010 07:48 AM

Thanks so much Janstar & Sandpat...Bearpaw, I'm not looking forward to the re-do but I did notice that I could do a better job on this block cutting so the dashes are all going the same direction. So, I'll stick to everything happens for a reason. Also, I did figure out that it was my iron and not the background fabric, so that's a bit of good news. I don't want to have to re-do a dozen blocks. :D :lol: :D