Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stikle Cyber Block Party, Week 33. RS9, L1, L3, L11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stikle-cyber-block-party-week-33-rs9-l1-l3-l11-t58771.html)

Lacelady 08-10-2010 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The tri for this week I made in layers as far as I recall. The triangular bottom section I worked in diagonals, then added the two flanking triangles. The next layer up, I worked the triangle in three layers, joined them and added the side triangles as before. The top two layers are easy.

L1, I don't think any of you will have any problems with this one.
L 3, I found paper piecing this straightforward, it went together well for me. I haven't mentioned it recently, but I made all my outside peices a little oversized, and trimmed when each block was done
L11, Not dissimilar to L3 in a way. If any of you are working from the book rather than the software, I don't think the diagram (pattern) in the book is correct, but it only needs tweaking with some extra straight lines. I'm sorry, my block (shown top left) is not this one, it's another I moved around. I do apologise.

Shemjo 08-10-2010 04:38 PM

Thanks for doing this to get me going again! Your blocks are lovely!

luvmortherest 08-10-2010 05:34 PM

beautiful

Janstar 08-10-2010 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 33.

Week 33.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95152[/ATTACH]

Lacelady 08-11-2010 05:05 AM

Great set, Jan, as usual.

LindaR 08-11-2010 05:13 AM

lacelady, how do you plan to put these blocks together...it looks like you are hand quilting to batting, am I seeing right????

jolo 08-11-2010 05:24 AM

OOOOOh pretty, I am behind again. Son is still responging well to chemo,goes back to Va in Dallas,Tx Fri, has not gained his weight back but is very active again. Tires easily,rests frequently and get up and goes again. The Lord is answering our prayers.

Lacelady 08-11-2010 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
lacelady, how do you plan to put these blocks together...it looks like you are hand quilting to batting, am I seeing right????

If you go back to page 214 (use the box at the bottom right of the page to put that number in) you will see some of my explanation of how I did it. I have finished my quilt now, and I put a thread on Pictures, headed something like Jane, Past and Present. Hope that helps.

Lacelady 08-11-2010 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by jolo
OOOOOh pretty, I am behind again. Son is still responging well to chemo,goes back to Va in Dallas,Tx Fri, has not gained his weight back but is very active again. Tires easily,rests frequently and get up and goes again. The Lord is answering our prayers.

That's great news Jolo, and don't worry, you aren't behind, Week 33 hasn't started yet.

LindaR 08-11-2010 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by LindaR

If you go back to page 214 (use the box at the bottom right of the page to put that number in) you will see some of my explanation of how I did it. I have finished my quilt now, and I put a thread on Pictures, headed something like Jane, Past and Present. Hope that helps.

what an incredible amount of work...WOW...just love it and hope it becomes a family heirloom....