Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Styckle Cyber Block Party, Week 40. G5, E13, F5, F6 and TR7 (M) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-styckle-cyber-block-party-week-40-g5-e13-f5-f6-tr7-m-t68022.html)

sandpat 10-03-2010 06:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A good mixed week of both pp'ing or regular piecing and applique.

G5 is easy...I pp'd the background, then appliqued the clover shape on top using the freezer paper method.

E13 is an easy pping pattern. The only thing is to be sure to watch carefully when you are lining up the corner pieces to be sure they match the center corners. I drew lines and pp'd the little tris instead of appliqueing them as they are really small.

F5 you could do several ways. I decided that I would applique it in 2 pieces. I cut the part that is peeping out behind the cross as an entire piece and appliqued it 1st, then cut the whole cross piece and appliqued it on the top. You could just applique the melons, but they are pretty small.

F6 straight forward pp'ing for the background pieces. Applique the little melons..and they are tiny!

TR7(M)-I found this one to be really hard. The only way I could do it was to divide the tri into 4 sections. The bottom part (up to where the center tri divides it) was divided into 2 sections. I split it down the center but added the center tri to one of the sides to avoid the sharp "Y" seam. The upper part of the tri was also divided into 2 sections- as you look at my tri- the next section is the box formed by the red strips...then the upper top section. To assemble, sew the curved pieces on the bottom 1st, then assemble it from the bottom up. Sew the outside long side pieces last.

Week 40
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96091[/ATTACH]

luvmortherest 10-03-2010 06:57 PM

wonderful

Shemjo 10-03-2010 06:59 PM

Pretty. Now to get back on that bandwagon!

wilhelmina 10-04-2010 11:35 AM

Patti, Love your blocks and especially your tips! Thanks!

jolo 10-04-2010 02:15 PM

beauties, your blocks always look so good. Mine are finished but will have to do the tri over later,when I pressed it there was something on my iron or something anyway my block was discolored. Pics soon.

sandpat 10-04-2010 04:40 PM

Oh no jolo....what a shame that is. I'm hoping that maybe you can just replace a small part and not have to redo the whole thing.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-04-2010 07:25 PM

I just finished the very lst triangle. Only have 2 corners left to do & I'm finished with the lkittle thingsd. THen it's deciding which solid fabric triangle goes next to which pieced triangle. Don't want the same fabric near each other.

Goal was to have top finsihed by the first frost. Weather has cooled down a bit, so I amy not have much more time left!

sandpat 10-05-2010 04:09 AM

My hats off to you Kathy....and you better hurry!!!! We had a our 1st frost night before last. It was a light one, but still....I suppose you are using different fabs for your "between" tris...

Janstar 10-05-2010 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 40.

Week 40
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101547[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 10-05-2010 10:17 AM

Wow you girls are motoring. Just popping in so as I can keep up with this thread.

Loverely blocks just loverly (as Eliza Doolittle would say) LOL

Elle