Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   January 2015 Piece & Cut BOM - UPDATED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/january-2015-piece-cut-bom-updated-t260034.html)

Rhonda 01-20-2015 04:08 PM

January 2015 Piece & Cut BOM - UPDATED

6 Attachment(s)
I had the original thread deleted as I had too many mistakes in the layout picture. So we are starting over. I apologize for any inconvenience but I thought it was less confusing for people if I posted the correct pictures in a new thread.

Another quilt block designed by Rhonda
This is a 12 1/2" unfinished quilt block
You can make it larger or smaller by using a different size template

If you need a template just pm me and send me your address.
I send the 2 1/2" out for free.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506965[/ATTACH]

Here are the original Star Point Directions

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506970[/ATTACH]

And this is the updated version

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506971[/ATTACH]

Here is the Quilt you can make with this Quilt Block

Incan Stars
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506972[/ATTACH]

As far as I can tell this tute is mistake free but I won't guarantee it! LOL

Here is a chart I made so you can see what size template to make what size quilt block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506973[/ATTACH]

juneayerza 01-20-2015 08:38 PM

Thank You Rhonda. I copied the instructions the first time around because I really like the quilt that come out of this block. Hopefully, I will get it started in the near future.

Kassaundra 01-20-2015 08:53 PM

Good idea definitely less confusing this way, w/ a new thread

Macybaby 01-21-2015 07:26 AM

Is it OK for me to post pictures of my wall hanging quilt, even though I got the layout a bit wrong? I've got it on the frame being quilted now, hopefully will be finished and bound this weekend so I can get it hung up before Valentines Day gets here.

Rhonda 01-21-2015 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7057314)
Is it OK for me to post pictures of my wall hanging quilt, even though I got the layout a bit wrong? I've got it on the frame being quilted now, hopefully will be finished and bound this weekend so I can get it hung up before Valentines Day gets here.

Sure post it when you are ready.

Lyn Hut 01-22-2015 01:29 PM

Thanks Rhonda for more information, I saw your quilt and thought it would lovely in red,white & black. So off the the fabric shop last night to buy enough fabric (1/4 metre off each colour) to try this block and I have cut it out and placed it together to see what it would be like and it has turned out great, I will sew it all togehter this weekend and post next week. Then I will have to work out how much fabric I will need for a queen size bed.
Thanks agian for sharing this block.

Rhonda 01-22-2015 07:06 PM

Thanks Lyn I can't wait to see your quilt block and quilt! The pay back for me is seeing people enjoy my designs and seeing my designs come to life! I'd never have time to make all the designs I come up with so it is fun fun fun to see others make them in real life.

Barb in Louisiana 01-23-2015 04:40 AM

I'd like to do the 2015 blocks as a sampler quilt. This block used 4 colors only. Do your plans for the balance of the 2015 blocks continue with a similar color count in each block?

I have a teal green with a couple of coordinates, that is just begging to be used in something, but I am limited in the fabrics. Of course, I can always go shopping! Oh, wait......I am on a DO NOT BUY until the IQF in Houston starting late October. Oh, what to do? What to do? lol Isn't this the question quilters have to ask all the time?

Belfrybat 01-23-2015 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for the updated thread and instructions - you are the best. My block, unfortunately isn't the best, but I'm sure I'll get better in time. I think I will probably take out the center four blocks and re-do them as that is where my mistakes are the most obvious. I used a 3-1/2" template which made an 18" block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507314[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 01-23-2015 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 7059779)
I'd like to do the 2015 blocks as a sampler quilt. This block used 4 colors only. Do your plans for the balance of the 2015 blocks continue with a similar color count in each block?

I have a teal green with a couple of coordinates, that is just begging to be used in something, but I am limited in the fabrics. Of course, I can always go shopping! Oh, wait......I am on a DO NOT BUY until the IQF in Houston starting late October. Oh, what to do? What to do? lol Isn't this the question quilters have to ask all the time?

Oh I can think of a couple of solutions. 1) take your significant other to the fabric store and tell him what fabric you really want, (you didn't buy it, he bought it for a gift for you) 2) go w/ a good quilting friend to the fabric store and each pick out fabrics you need and buy the other person's fabric as a "gift" 3) swap fabrics you don't "need" w/ a friend who has the perfect fabrics you want to use.