Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/journeys-dear-jane-baby-janes-making-complete-t242591.html)

cindynvb 03-16-2014 08:15 AM

No progress here
cindy

spartan quilter 03-16-2014 09:55 AM

Don't give up, life is 1 step at a time and so is a quilt, 1 block at a time. You can do it.

Originally Posted by cindynvb (Post 6629189)
No progress here
cindy

countryone77 03-16-2014 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The DJ software can be used on a Mac. I've attached a PDF file, which I put together this afternoon, showing a number of ways in which you can do that, along with some pros & cons. I'm sure that there are other options, and I may have inadvertently omitted a pro/con. It can give you an idea of the options that are available to you.

If anyone is having difficulties with charts being read-only, then you might like to read the following EQ Support article:
http://support.electricquilt.com/Blo...ork-in-DJ.ashx

GV09 03-16-2014 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6628824)
i had to use google translate for this...
! Happy Day to everyone have a good day! Good night ... and others ... like me! Lol!

I so sorry! It was a mixture of my writing and the translator! Lol! I happens when I edit a post... I hope that it will not happen again...

GV09 03-16-2014 02:47 PM

[Quote = quilter espartano; 6629392] No te rindas, la vida es 1 paso a la vez y por lo tanto es un edredón, 1 cuadra a la vez. Usted puede hacerlo.
[/ quote]

Estoy de acuerdo!
: Thumbup:

Marna 03-17-2014 04:11 AM

I know I will be behind but I plan in making Dear Jane= I hAVE THE BOOKS, RULES, FABRIC= NOW TO GET GOING

auntlucy 03-17-2014 04:18 AM

Still working out which fabric to use but leaning toward 30's reproduction after seeing the No Pain, No Jane quilt. Anyone on this thread using 30's-40's fabric?

QuiltingNinaSue 03-17-2014 05:06 AM

auntlucy, I am getting the reproduction fabric kits from Quilting on the Square monthly for Dear Jane. Have not posted the finished blocks yet, but I love their selection of color. Which is quite surprising, I usually like to 'match' colors and quilts up my way; but I love the fabrics and variety they have come up with for Dear Jane. I just noticed they are on a Bus Trip, monies in by April 1st and I am so tempted to go, offered by a LQS in Creston, Iowa.

Will try to post pictures this week. Cut out and sewn almost all of blocks A-1 to A-10.

auntlucy 03-17-2014 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6630703)
auntlucy, I am getting the reproduction fabric kits from Quilting on the Square monthly for Dear Jane. Have not posted the finished blocks yet, but I love their selection of color. Which is quite surprising, I usually like to 'match' colors and quilts up my way; but I love the fabrics and variety they have come up with for Dear Jane. I just noticed they are on a Bus Trip, monies in by April 1st and I am so tempted to go, offered by a LQS in Creston, Iowa.

Will try to post pictures this week. Cut out and sewn almost all of blocks A-1 to A-10.

Thank you so much for the information! I will check out Quilting on the Square and will eagerly look for your postings.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-17-2014 07:08 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Now I have current pictures of the fabric for January, February and March reproduction prints labeled by QOTS:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]467644[/ATTACH]Jan. Feb.:[ATTACH=CONFIG]467646[/ATTACH] and March:[ATTACH=CONFIG]467647[/ATTACH]I love to 'pat' and love fabric pieces.

And the Batiks:

January:[ATTACH=CONFIG]467650[/ATTACH] February:[ATTACH=CONFIG]467652[/ATTACH] and March:[ATTACH=CONFIG]467654[/ATTACH] Fabric between the two labeled pieces is the background. I have found the fabric pieces large enough to do each pattern with some to spare. All are from the www.QuiltingontheSquare.com month BOM kits which does include instructions and phone number for help. I do love their selections and they make me want to start cutting and sewing each block. They do start with the A blocks, then to the B blocks and starts in with C blocks on the last one....March.