Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

nancia 10-27-2012 02:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
ok, everyone, put on your sunglasses! you know it's odd for me to a
do anything but bright! i have been wanting to do a polka dot quilt and found this great fabric, so i am on board with all these "seeing spots"! the 2 prints go with either end of the spectrum. they are in my second set of pictures, so don't dispair if you don't see them yet. :o appreciate any comments, good or bad. thanks!

purtercat92 10-27-2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26 (Post 5614729)
Had my hip replacement on Monday the 15th and while getting ready to come home on the 16th went south with resperatory failure. Ended up in ICU for 4 days. they thought I might have thrown an emybolis or had a heart attack. Will the CT scan of the lungs showed a very small area of pneumonia, had an arteriogram and all is very clean for my age, Finally made it home on Monday, 6 days late. This is my first day on the computer.

Love all the fabrics. Have a lot of ideas so when able to walk more in my own will get fabric then. Am printing off the instructions and so far looks good. Am waiting for tomorrow.

So glad you are home and on the mend! Continue to take care of yourself and have a speedy recovery!

purtercat92 10-27-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 5615013)
Wow, Judy, Judy and Pat! I hope you all get better real soon.

I second that!!!

purtercat92 10-27-2012 02:22 PM

Shadowirish, I agree with Sauki1, great fabrics but I would switch A and B.

Shadowirish 10-27-2012 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks putercat92 and Sauki1......I'm such a newbie at this and fabric choices are really challenging for me. I'm trying hard not to be too matchy and predictable. I've been doing some switching and think I really like these A-D's but now I'm stuck on E and F. Opinions, please!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372868[/ATTACH]

irishrose 10-27-2012 03:27 PM

Shadowirish, What would happen if you put the Es aside and used F1 and F2 as E and F? Do you like coral that much? I do. E1 would make a good binding, depending on what Judy has in mind.

nancia, your brights are wonderful. Which 6 are you choosing?

Shadowirish 10-27-2012 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmmm like this? I like the colors but will the new E go with AB?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]372888[/ATTACH]

Sauki1 10-27-2012 03:39 PM

Shadowirish, I think I agree with Irishrose on this one. But I think maybe I'd want to get that E2 in there somewhere as well. Maybe sashing?

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5616919)
Shadowirish, What would happen if you put the Es aside and used F1 and F2 as E and F? Do you like coral that much? I do. E1 would make a good binding, depending on what Judy has in mind.

nancia, your brights are wonderful. Which 6 are you choosing?

queenof2802 10-27-2012 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am a little behind! Got my fabric today. I don't keep large amounts on hand, really just scraps so I had to go shopping. I hope I made the right choices. Let me know if I need to change anything before I start cutting. :)

Pam H 10-27-2012 05:28 PM

Shadowirish, I am thinking different than everyone. I'd like to see D & F2 together with C for contrast and B & E2 together with A for contrast.
Tracey, I like your fabrics.
It will be fun to see how they all turn out.