Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   MARCH 15 2011 STARS BOM - DIRECTIONS AND DISCUSSION (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/march-15-2011-stars-bom-directions-discussion-t107745.html)

seymoore 03-17-2011 08:16 PM

So glad Judy has been helping! She explains things so well! Life is crazy right now, will check back whenever I get a free moment. Keep having fun with this block, it's meant to be fun - not stress you out. ;-)

Michelle48350 03-18-2011 04:07 AM

I keep selecting my colors and changing my mind. I need to make a decision and get going on this. It looks like it may take some time to finish. So far all of your completed blocks are beautiful.

pheasantduster 03-18-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Michelle48350
I keep selecting my colors and changing my mind. I need to make a decision and get going on this. It looks like it may take some time to finish. So far all of your completed blocks are beautiful.

I often find this is the hardest part of project. Be patient with yourself and you color scheme will come to you.

marymc 03-18-2011 08:22 AM

Printed mine out today. I hope to work on it Sunday, I am very excited to see if I can do this. PP has been fun to learn but they look sooo intimidating. I appreciate all the advice posted.

Tulip 03-29-2011 02:15 PM

For those who have worked on the other two blocks that came with this star, did you also cut the templates on the diagonal and add a 1/4 inch? Thanks!
Tulip

JudyG 03-29-2011 03:08 PM

Yes, Tulip, you would have to do that with all the patterns.

Lady Shivesa 03-30-2011 12:19 PM

I just finished mine (see picture thread), and on the very last quarter of it, I found a neat trick to make the process a little faster.

On parts 1-11 on a single eight section, since you are waking away from the middle one either side - if you're careful you can do two pieces at once before going to press them open.

If that makes any sense at all...it's hard to describe, but it kept me from having to walk back and forth from living room (sewing machine) to kitchen (iron) as much.

Tulip 03-31-2011 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Yes, Tulip, you would have to do that with all the patterns.

Thank you Judy for the info!

dutchie 04-04-2011 02:50 PM

I finished my March Star BOM last night and I'm so mad I could just spit. All of my star quarters and eighths went together with a modicum of fuss. Points were dead on, seams met and played nice, seams straight and spot-on 1/4". Even to the halfway point, everything was going well. Got to the final center seam and one half of my block is A HALF-INCH bigger than the other!! I haven't figured out how I managed to do this. I put it aside last night and vowed to leave it the way it is for all eternity but thought better of it this morning. I'm going to take it back to 4 quarter-blocks and re-stitch it.

Did I say a modicum of fuss? Well, I may have to eat those words.

linmid 05-01-2011 05:49 PM

Help I am unable to download March Star BOM. Is this one no longer available?