Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   MAY 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/may-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t123149.html)

whitepine 06-05-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
Cannot tell you how much fun i had making this block. Thanks very much. Was lovely and quick and precise. Lovely to get something that i did not have to "unpick" or fight" with.... ;-) Today this one just seemed to fit like a breeze so i really did enjoy making it. Thanks very much for choosing this block. :thumbup:

Looking good!! I agree with your comments on this block, it just seemed to work really well. What changes were you referring to?

Cuddly Quilter 06-05-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine

Cannot tell you how much fun i had making this block. Thanks very much. Was lovely and quick and precise. Lovely to get something that i did not have to "unpick" or fight" with.... ;-) Today this one just seemed to fit like a breeze so i really did enjoy making it. Thanks very much for choosing this block. :thumbup:

Looking good!! I agree with your comments on this block, it just seemed to work really well. What changes were you referring to?

I landed up changing the outer edges for January - Friendship quilt and then redid the February star and made the outside white as being my dominant fabric together with the floral butterfly fabric.

whitepine 06-05-2011 06:05 PM

I landed up changing the outer edges for January - Friendship quilt and then redid the February star and made the outside white as being my dominant fabric together with the floral butterfly fabric.

It must have worked because they look really great now. :D
I really like that floral.

Cuddly Quilter 06-05-2011 09:43 PM

One more for the Amish Star

Loving the choice of batik fabrics you are using. Cannot wait to see the set completed already

Tulip 06-06-2011 01:59 AM

C. Quilter: Your focal fabric is vibrant! Love your theme, your blocks are stunning.
Tulip

Cuddly Quilter 06-06-2011 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tulip
C. Quilter: Your focal fabric is vibrant! Love your theme, your blocks are stunning.
Tulip

Tulip thank you very much for your comment it has encouraged me to continue and know i am on THE RIGHT TRACK. :-P Really appreciate that.

Lady Shivesa 06-07-2011 02:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Had to wait to make my block until I could get some more white, but I finally got it done today. Didn't really mean to - I was just going to cut the pieces out, but I got carried away and finished it anyway. :)

Here's a pic of the block, and a pic with all five together. :)

A little crooked in places, but I like it :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208330[/ATTACH]

Woo!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208331[/ATTACH]

marymc 06-07-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
Had to wait to make my block until I could get some more white, but I finally got it done today. Didn't really mean to - I was just going to cut the pieces out, but I got carried away and finished it anyway. :)

Here's a pic of the block, and a pic with all five together. :)

Those are beautiful! Will you use red in other blocks or just the one? It's stunning as a single jolt.

JudyG 06-07-2011 04:27 PM

Absolutely love your black and white blocks. That is going to be a stunning quilt. I may have to rethink what I've been doing as I have a ton of black and white fabric.

Tulip 06-07-2011 05:13 PM

Your black and white is very striking!
Tulip