Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mccalls-quilting-jan-feb-2012-3-month-mystery-quilt-along-t174799.html)

Havplenty 06-27-2012 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 5320100)
Well it is finally put together and I am wondering why I spent so much time on such an ugley quilt! Sure wish I could put together colors like the rest of you have done - then I would have had a pretty quilt, but, color combinations are not my strong area. Maybe I can come up with a way to quilt it that will change the looks. If not it will probably end up in a box somewhere to be discovered by future generations.

your quilt is not ugly and i just love that color purple you used. your quilt colors coordinate very well. all quilts do not need to scream with patterns and colors, your quilt speaks more subtlety with a purple zing.:thumbup: even if you do not love it, i know someone would be happy to have it if you decided to gift it.

sharon b 06-27-2012 07:48 AM

Bobbie- I like your colors together - your brighter purple picks up the purple on the flowers :) Did you see mine it SCREAMED Halloween or some such thing - maybe we should trade :)

Bobbielinks 06-28-2012 06:06 AM

Havplenty, you are right it would might a perfect gift to charity. There has to be someone out there who would like to have it.

Sharon b, I did see yours and I thought it was a wonderful Halloween quilt!

sharon b 06-28-2012 06:58 AM

But Bobbielinks- I wasn't aiming for a Halloween quilt :D LOL But like you said someone out there will love the top I made , just not me :rolleyes:

Havplenty 06-28-2012 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 5323019)
Havplenty, you are right it would might a perfect gift to charity. There has to be someone out there who would like to have it....

did you need my address for mailing????:D

Havplenty 06-28-2012 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5323140)
But Bobbielinks- I wasn't aiming for a Halloween quilt :D LOL But like you said someone out there will love the top I made , just not me :rolleyes:

sharon your top did not look halloween.... just in your mind. but my pink fabric did not work at all. so i aborted my mission all together. i will find a use for the blocks assembled in some other project.

sharon b 06-28-2012 07:31 AM

Maybe Bobbie and I should swap tops ? LOL

Pam H 06-29-2012 05:03 PM

I was searching for a different mystery quilt thread and stumbled onto this one. I just so happen to have made this mystery quilt. My 1st one ever. I love the way it came out. I gave it to my mom last weekend for her 84th birthday. It looks great on her bed and with her red carpet.
file://localhost/Users/pamhotle/Desktop/29c3yig_th.jpg

sharon b 06-29-2012 07:20 PM

Pam would love to see a pic of it- your link didn't come thru