Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

lawsonmugs 07-09-2014 07:44 PM

Me too. See ya all then.

Anoka Quilter 07-09-2014 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't wait for the next train ride. The last one was a great trip.

Here is a picture of the baby quilt I just finished from the last rides pattern.

retiredteacher09 07-10-2014 03:59 AM

Anoka Quilter: I love your color combinations!

Connie

whitepine 07-10-2014 07:07 AM

Very cute, Anoka Quilter. I'm still working on my second one and am having all kinds of problems. The first one went together without a hitch but this time not so. First, I put some of the blocks together wrong. Didn't realize you could and can't believe I didn't on the first one. Second, after putting it all together, the center is puckered up. I think it must be in the triangles somehow. I'm thinking I'll have to take the blocks apart although I can't see what I'd do differently next time. Can't worry about it now because it's outdoor time in the pacific northwest! July and August are our sun months. Temps in the high 70s, cool nights, perfect weather!

Yay to September. Looking forward to it, Judy.

AngeliaNR 07-10-2014 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 6794380)
Very cute, Anoka Quilter. I'm still working on my second one and am having all kinds of problems. The first one went together without a hitch but this time not so. First, I put some of the blocks together wrong. Didn't realize you could and can't believe I didn't on the first one.

Yay to September. Looking forward to it, Judy.

I was the same way--very surprised when I found they can be put together wrong! It isn't wrong, really, you just have to be consistent. Looking at a block (4 squares), you can have either a horizontal or vertical small strip (the x piece) in the upper left square. Either is okay, but all of them need to be the same. If you have both types, they won't fit properly. I have a few oddball orphans--I was very surprised I didn't have more after I realized this!

I envy that wonderful weather--I wouldn't dread July and August, if they were like that!

dotcomdtcm 07-14-2014 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the binding on this one. Delightfully quilted by Sue at Summit Creek Quilts.

Oksewnsew 07-14-2014 12:19 PM

Very pretty Dottie, ya could say it's almost 'edible'...lolo

Elisabrat 07-14-2014 12:33 PM

love the fruit one! wow it came out so great. makes me hungry just looking at it! (I want one too!)

SunlitenSmiles 07-14-2014 02:45 PM

:sew: see you in September........promise, I am waiting patiently

mimiknoxtaylor 07-15-2014 02:20 AM

Dottie, just love the fabric you used. Very nice. I have got to get on the ball ? Quilt mine.