Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

paintmejudy 02-16-2014 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia (Post 6576080)
- the mystery to me at this point is how to use 13 blocks, particularly since we've been told this will finish square

I need to remind everyone who is saying square that I never ever said you were going to end up with a square. Remember when I said a "topper" of about 42"? Hmmmm.... yup it's a mystery all right. :D

Roma Bauder 02-16-2014 07:41 AM

Wow what pretty colors. Mine are ready for the next step.Think I'll go to the club car and watch the the world go by. Maybe a hot cider I will drink and a goodie.

AngeliaNR 02-16-2014 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6577724)
ok don't laugh at me but as I watch all the scrappy blocks come together I am looking at all the tiny fabrics wondering what you made with this one and that one.. and some of them are so pretty I want yardage of them! shopping your scraps I am :)

I do the same thing! One of my favorite things when staying with my grandmother and great-grandmother as a kid was looking at the quilts on the beds. They were all scrappy (that's all GM and GGM made), and I would wonder, "Who had the dress with the little dogs?" or "Where did the fuzzy dots come from?" ...many happy hours. :)

SulaBug 02-16-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6578075)
I need to remind everyone who is saying square that I never ever said you were going to end up with a square. Remember when I said a "topper" of about 42"? Hmmmm.... yup it's a mystery all right. :D

Oh Judy, you are teasing us again, but I Love it!! :D I haven't gotten my blocks sewn together yet, but as soon as I do, I will be posting my picture. Now off to wonder how this lay out might be going to happen!!
:D :D :D :D

sdeaaz 02-16-2014 09:28 AM

Christmas??? I got this as a charm pack... didn't know what it was... there are pink fairy pigs on a couple squares... thought it couldn't be any worse.....so on the train.. This is my first ride.... I had to go back and look at the other rides... trouble is I had to peek at the end result... so not as much fun..... Can't wait for Friday... are the blocks on point.????

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6576456)
Paulswalia I never cared for orange either. Yours is beautiful. Love the combo you chose.Sdeaaz love the Christmas fabrics in yours. They are all turning out soo pretty.

lawsonmugs 02-16-2014 09:51 AM

sdeaaz, sorry I went back and looked closer they are not what I first thought. It looked like ornaments and poinsettias and lots of green and red. I guess it was just designs and my poor eyesight. It IS turning out pretty though.

jclinganrey 02-16-2014 09:56 AM

Can't wait for Friday... are the blocks on point.???? --

Not necessarily. I just set my quilt blocks that way to take pictures. I'm keeping my options open though - - -

Jane

Caroline S 02-16-2014 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished my blocks this morning after having to rip and stitch about half of them. Memo to self, don't piece blocks after taking a pain pill. Oh my, ever so spring like. I was lucky to find enough big pieces from Aunt Peggy's scraps for the 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 blocks. The mint green fabric was from an ever so small pair of bell bottoms! The hot pink and orange fabrics a voiles and dotted swiss. I just underlined them like a garment to be able to use the fabrics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462725[/ATTACH]

gramquilter2 02-16-2014 11:44 AM

Caroline, really like the bright spring fabric you used.

tlambing 02-16-2014 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz (Post 6578360)
Christmas??? I got this as a charm pack... didn't know what it was... there are pink fairy pigs on a couple squares... thought it couldn't be any worse.....so on the train.. This is my first ride.... I had to go back and look at the other rides... trouble is I had to peek at the end result... so not as much fun..... Can't wait for Friday... are the blocks on point.????

I'm just in love with their funkiness! I love the different though. I bought mine from MSQ a while back and am doing a DP4 patch with them. I'm loving watching what you're doing with yours.