Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

SunlitenSmiles 03-20-2014 07:07 AM

That is what I thought also.....beautiful lights, shown to perfection by darks ! WTG Emma !

still quiliting the Vocabulary Quilt.....will post photo soon, I hope.

pewa88 03-20-2014 07:13 AM

Great job ladies on all the projects. Amazing how different they all are with the same block pattern.

whitepine 03-20-2014 07:30 AM

Looks great, Emma! I think that border really works. Did you make the border blocks the same size as the interior ones?

Pam H 03-20-2014 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks so much for the great ride, Judy! This pattern is awesome. I will definitely be doing this one again. I'm not crazy about the brown fabric I used but I guess it will have to do. This one will not be sitting in the "waiting to be quilted pile" too long since it is going to be a housewarming gift for a friend.
I saw on connecting threads that they have a free mystery quilt. Thinking about doing that one next.

Roma Bauder 03-21-2014 01:29 PM

Hi Emma, Love all the color. I just made a table cloth for this train ride. The blocks look like they are floating. I may have to copy your look..LOL Got relatives in Roseburg, I went to school in Grants Pass. Now live in Oregon City. Right now I am in AZ heading back there, Got a Dr. apt or I would stay!!

chefbwarner 03-21-2014 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a little behind but should finish tomorrow. The borders are not sewn on just posed.

jclinganrey 03-21-2014 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]468427[/ATTACH]

Still trying to decide on the border. I would really like to use those 1 1/2" leftover strips and am thinking of a modified piano key border. Suggestions??

Jane

sustraley 03-21-2014 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally decided to finish the border. Just did a straight one with fabric that matches. I really liked this ride Judy, thanks again. Looking forward to more.

VickiM 03-21-2014 06:42 PM

Loving all these finished quilts...especially the purples! And the floating one! Another great ride!!!

Emma S 03-22-2014 06:12 AM

Roma: When your coming my way let me know, we can get together over coffee and talk quilting. My sons in laws live in Oregon City. Chef: Love what you did with the bright cheery fabrics and using the green in the border will really be a great touch. Jane: What a great way to set the blocks! I think one of the amazing things about the blocks is how versatile they are, they can stand alone or in groups. Whichever border you choose, the pink would be a great addition. Show us when you decide. Su: Really like the way the white highlights all the other colors. The look you captured is the reason why I want to do one with light sashing, the crisp geometric lines really appeal to me. Nice job everyone!