Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

urgodschild2 05-14-2012 08:06 PM

ok I didn't have any rasberry colors so I went and bought some. LOL What an excuseright???

urgodschild2 05-14-2012 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My computer froze up and I didn't know if it posted or not. These are the colors. Tell me what you all think and I have no idea what order they should be in. so I have 1 1/2 yds of each.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335409[/ATTACH]Yeah it uploaded.
Anyways. What do you all think about this and in what order should I use them.

urgodschild2 05-14-2012 08:20 PM

When is the Long Beach Quilt show???? Is this the international one????? I would like to go as I live right next door to Long Beach.

AnngelAnne 05-15-2012 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5205316)
Finished the binding on "autumn flight" so will post here. The last train was great, envied all of you in that club car but it doesn't come even close to Wyo. Maybe the next one I'll have to plan a road trip to jump aboard for a few days. Here's the outcome of the last mystery.....think it has a little much yellow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]334163[/ATTACH]

NO, no, no, not too much yellow, it all flows so beautifully together. Excellent taste. I love it.

AnngelAnne 05-15-2012 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5205902)
Alright it might take me weeks to figure out my fabrics. Here are the six I pulled from my stash. I have been so wanting to use the two paisleys blue and green to make something for my room. I sew need help with this. ... Fabric #1 is my Primary A; I was looking at putting the solid blue to go with it as My B and then the green paisley as the sashing and the paisley blue as the blender then picking between the two remaining colors.. the green may not look like it blends.. the camera is pulling out a lot of white in it that is not there when you look at it with the naked eye. Please bare with all my pictures and please I will not be offended by anyone's opinion..this is what Im asking for ladies.. So please help. Ideas do these work??..do I need to buy some other color fabric to give it more flavor?..Now remember Im a country western fanatic so help me stay within that type of fabric/theme.

Love the number 2 fabric, I love greens, if you saw my stash you would not question that. Would love some of that, all. But do like your color choices, can't wait to see it together.

Jenniky 05-15-2012 05:43 AM

Everose did a search for the fabric using the Springs Industried info...but had no luck :( Anngelanne I love greens also.. really I love any earthy colors. Especially warm earthy colors. :)

AnngelAnne 05-15-2012 06:03 AM

Okay all, so I wandered thru the comments and the colors. I drooled over the colors and I drooled over the snack and drink choices. I too am on board, but will be more or less on hold for a few as I am on vacation in a few weeks too, but will be checking and saving and will eventually do this. I stopped at Panera's and got a few dozen bagels of assorted flavors with hazelnut cream cheese. I also grabbed a jar of peach butter for the biscuits. Is there room in the freezer for those frozen drink packets that Walmart sells? I don't drink them, I scoop them into dessert dishes and pretend it is some kind of sherbet. A spoon at a time, savor it a bit longer and no one knows the difference till they taste it. I'm all ready for when the train comes thru Maine.

AnngelAnne 05-15-2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5218003)
Everose did a search for the fabric using the Springs Industried info...but had no luck :( Anngelanne I love greens also.. really I love any earthy colors. Especially warm earthy colors. :)

Well, thanks for trying, appreciate it. I will just have to keep looking around for it, or something close, and you know what that means, trouble...................more fabrics for the stash, lol.

Everose 05-15-2012 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lucy is here. Isn't she pretty? And she's so quiet.[ATTACH=CONFIG]335494[/ATTACH]

yayaquilts 05-15-2012 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 5217439)
When is the Long Beach Quilt show???? Is this the international one????? I would like to go as I live right next door to Long Beach.

Yes it is an International show-the west coast Houston show-International Quilt Festival!!
Last weekend of of July 7 - 29, 2012 at the Long Beach Convention Center.
I haven't been as we've been out of town each year at that time, but I've heard it's a good show!