Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

Cindy60545 06-02-2012 03:54 AM

OK, it's Saturday morning. Looking for the clue! Guess I'm up too early! Guess I'll go finish the quilt on the frame & by then the clue will appear! I just dropped off fresh donuts & made fresh Dunkin Donut coffee in the club car. See ya'll in a little while!

nancia 06-02-2012 04:47 AM

you'll find me in the club car! i brought an electric skillet and i'll make fresh blueberry pancakes to order-- now, where is an outlet?? i need to plug this puppy in. oh! here it is! come and get 'em! wonder where the clue is??

haylillan 06-02-2012 04:54 AM

i'm waiting also but judy is 2 hours behind me in az.

nancia 06-02-2012 05:03 AM

maybe we can get her to move! it's nice in this time zone (EST), or maybe to australia! then we could have had the clue yesterday!

gapeach 06-02-2012 05:46 AM

mystery quilt

I have always wanted to do a mystery quilt, I would love to give this one a try.

Pam H 06-02-2012 05:46 AM

Nancia, you made me hungry for blueberry pancakes! Too bad I'm out of pancake mix and bisquick. I even have blueberry syrup. I had to resort to my old standby breakfast: blueberries, strawberries and vanilla yogurt.
I'll just print off today's instructions when they show up. No sewing for me today. My table is out in the garage for my daughter's garage sale. Plus I have quite a list of things to do today before my trip to Ireland tomorrow.

SunlitenSmiles 06-02-2012 05:53 AM

Pam you are going to give us a full report on the Quilt Show............pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee !

quess that looks like begging.......... well.......it is

Quilting Dreamer 06-02-2012 06:04 AM

Has the next clue been given out it is 10:00am in MI on EST. Perhaps I am in the wrong area looking for the Mystery........Well guess I better get on board on Dinner and not the Caboose!.

Lan
the Quilting Dreamer
Lansing, MI

Quilting Dreamer 06-02-2012 06:05 AM

Lana
the Quilting Dreamer
Lansing, MI

paintmejudy 06-02-2012 06:12 AM

Step #3

4 Attachment(s)
5-Color Quilt

From A cut eight 2-½” x 4-½” pieces.
From B cut eight 2-½” x 4-½” pieces.
From C background, cut eight 2-½” x 4-½” pieces AND cut 20 pieces, 2-½ x2-½” square.
From D cut four 2-½” x 2-½” squares.

First: Mark a diagonal line on 16 of the 2-½” x 2-½” background Color C fabric - marked in photo as A. separate into 2 piles of 8 pieces each.

Take a color A, place a 2-½” background square on the patterned fabric as shown, sew from upper left to lower right. . Make 7 more pieces exactly like this one.
Take a color B, place a 2-½” background square on the patterned fabric as shown, sew from upper right to lower left. Make 7 more pieces exactly like this one.
Trim off the corners. Press as shown in photo - half of the seams press to the top, the other half press to the bottom so the seams will “nestle” and eliminate bulk. Sew the two pieces together to make a 4-½” square as shown.
You will make 8 pieces as shown in photo.

Using the 2-½” squares, sew together a background C and a sashing D, . Make 4 sets.
Sew a 2-½” x 4-½” piece of background C to the 2-patch, copying placement of fabrics. You will have 4 blocks as shown.

Sew these four C-D pieces to the A-B pairs previously made, as shown in final photo.