Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

coopah 06-09-2012 03:59 AM

Sunliten, thanks for the reminders of things to do before the next "reveal."
PAintmeJudy: my gram made stewed rhubarb! We ate it as a dessert. Had no idea folks still made it. YUM!
SulaBug, enjoy your DD and have safe travels.
Nancia, someone posted the rhubarb lemonade on the first memory train. Wonder if you did a search for it, if it would show up? Your mug rugs are just the ticket for summer! Very cute.
CadQueen, your colors look fine. i always 2nd guess color choices, too!

Off to clean the house until the clue comes!!! Enjoy the trip everyone!

Cindy60545 06-09-2012 04:00 AM

me too Sunliten! ready to rock & roll on the next clue! Sure hope I don't have to teach today so I can get this clue finished!

grandme26 06-09-2012 05:10 AM

I have been awake since 2:00AM (CDS), up since 4:00 AM, waiting for today's CLUE! Hope it comes and I can ccomplete it before I go back to sleep!!

Cindy60545 06-09-2012 05:18 AM

I'm not far behind you grandma26! The dog woke me at 3:15! Couldn't go back to sleep, so got up & been playing on computer ever since!

Jenniky 06-09-2012 06:03 AM

Good Morning Ladies I will join you all in the club car for some breakfast while we wait for the clue. :) Sula have a safe trip and enjoy. Sunliten welcome back from your magical journey Im so glad you didn't land on the cow catcher. However I believe the luck that comes with all them Shamrocks was with you. :) I wonder if I will find anymore lemon blueberry tarts in the club car? :) :) :)

stefanib123 06-09-2012 06:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, all caught up. This is so fun! I will definitely do this again! Its bright, something I dont do a lot, normally, but I like it! I think I want to use it as a beach/picnic blanket. I may have to add an extra border,though. Im just now getting to where I am using my quilts in every day life. My first couple were so precious to me I didn't want to use them ( even though they were terrible,lol). Now, I want to use them for everything.

I'm wondering if I could use the same fabric D for the sashing (E)? Turn a 5 color quilt into 4? LOL! I didnt have enough of my lemonade to use it as an A or B , but I would like it featured a bit more. Perhaps use it to add an extra border? I do want to use my lime,too,though so probably a border.

Its fun waiting to see! I think I will definitely do more of these.

Here's mine so far. Need to square them still, cut tails, etc. I think I hadnt pressed the last step, either.

Jenniky 06-09-2012 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by stefanib123 (Post 5276363)
Okay, all caught up. This is so fun! I will definitely do this again! Its bright, something I dont do a lot, normally, but I like it! I think I want to use it as a beach/picnic blanket. I may have to add an extra border,though. Im just now getting to where I am using my quilts in every day life. My first couple were so precious to me I didn't want to use them ( even though they were terrible,lol). Now, I want to use them for everything.

I'm wondering if I could use the same fabric D for the sashing (E)? Turn a 5 color quilt into 4? LOL! I didnt have enough of my lemonade to use it as an A or B , but I would like it featured a bit more. Perhaps use it to add an extra border? I do want to use my lime,too,though so probably a border.

Its fun waiting to see! I think I will definitely do more of these.

Here's mine so far. Need to square them still, cut tails, etc. I think I hadnt pressed the last step, either.

I love your fabrics... the lemon fabric looks wonderfully fun.

SunlitenSmiles 06-09-2012 06:18 AM

really interesting to see what will happen with fabric 'D'.......it could be a really great design for a childs quilt when you only have a bit of a great fabric.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo ready for the next clue

haylillan 06-09-2012 06:20 AM

well here we sit in the club car waiting for next clue, need more coffee

stefanib123 06-09-2012 06:32 AM

My husband looooves rhubarb! There a big patch down the mountain we harvest ever year.

Sula, have fun on your visit.

Cadqueen, I love your colorss. I second guess,too,though. By the time the quilt is together, I usually realize my first choice was the right one.

Sunliten, thank you for the lucky shamrock. It already brought me luck! My plans for the day were cancelled, now I can quilt!

JennieG, a peach would reallly set it off. I love those patterns,too.

Chester, I bookmarked yours, I definitely have to use that color combo soon!

Coopah, your blocks are beautiful. Is the coral color red or pinky? Its hard to tell on my screen. I love how it 'works' the other colors. another one bookmarked!

I love seeing everyone's different color combos. Its so interesting how we each have a whole different look, a different feel. Cant wait see them all done!