Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee April, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-april-2017-a-t287206.html)

happylab 04-13-2017 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 7803666)
Hi gals.. The chit chat has been sparse - guess everyone's busy making their blocks..lol (well a gal can hope, huh?) When there's not a lot of activity, you won't get a notice, so just check your email off and on during the day to see if something has been posted.

Or in my case thinking about making them. Today's project is to at least cut them out and maybe sew a block or to. I have been busy with life lately.

Oksewnsew 04-13-2017 07:47 AM

Carrot, I had the same experience, was so disappointed!! SOO rather that ripping at the time, I just cut out new pcs and made another one and IT turned out same way!!! So, that's how it'll stay! I thot maybe I'd miscut on the first one, but very carefully checked the next batch, turned out same way... I did take apart the other one, can use the pcs another time. I even tried wetting the block and carefully stretching it as I pressed...it helped a tinsy bit.

Happy, just get done what you can - maybe just one block. ;o)

AnngelAnne 04-14-2017 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 7803711)
Or in my case thinking about making them. Today's project is to at least cut them out and maybe sew a block or to. I have been busy with life lately.

Life tends to do that and not nearly as fun.

carrot 04-14-2017 08:42 AM

woo hoo!! --- I am not alone :D

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 7803723)
Carrot, I had the same experience, was so disappointed!! SOO rather that ripping at the time, I just cut out new pcs and made another one and IT turned out same way!!! So, that's how it'll stay! I thot maybe I'd miscut on the first one, but very carefully checked the next batch, turned out same way... I did take apart the other one, can use the pcs another time. I even tried wetting the block and carefully stretching it as I pressed...it helped a tinsy bit.

Happy, just get done what you can - maybe just one block. ;o)

happylab 04-14-2017 12:01 PM

I got 2 blocks cut out, 1 is made. The easy one. I will post pics when I get the 2nd one done. Maybe by early next week.

I love the lovely blocks others have made. Very pretty. Just think, after this month we will have 4-8 blocks made.

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!!!!

carrot 04-15-2017 06:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here they are !!! Is anyone else already thinking of a layout? :)

Oksewnsew 04-15-2017 07:25 AM

Looks good, carrot. I've laid mine out but not set on anything yet. Might do a sashing, who knows...lol

Delphina 04-15-2017 01:17 PM

Blocks look goo Carrot.

retiredteacher09 04-16-2017 07:06 AM

Very lovely color combinations, Carrot.

When I get enough, I will make a baby quilt.

Connie

carrot 04-18-2017 06:00 AM

I have decided everyone is spring cleaning and that is why this thread is so quiet !!!:D